potatoes (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter BC
  • Start date
  • Replies 43
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
frona said:
No, it looks black honestly! I think its's cos they cook it up in advance and reheat it. I made it at home once and it was green but it always comes out black from a restaurant or take away.

A bottle green, I often find.

You know the way when you make indian grub, it never tastes quite as good as when you get it from a take away or in a restaurant.... what's that all about?

Right, spud food. I made this tonight and it was most edible -

Creamy Spicy spuds

Ingredients -
two onions
three cloves of garlic
one tablespoon of curry powder
half a tablespoon of ground cinnamon
4 tomatoes
125 ml vegetable stock
100 ml of double cream
spuds
lemon juice
salt and pepper

Boil the spuds til they are cooked. Whilst waiting for them to cook chop up the onions, garlic and tomatoes. In groundnut oil and a knob of butter fry the onions and garlic. Chuck in the spices after a few minutes and cook for two more minutes. Then put in the tomatoes and stock and sizzle away for about ten minutes, until the tomatoes are cooked down. Chuck in the cream, stir, taste and season as you see fit. Throw in about four tablespoons of lemon juice and stir. Then get your cooked spuds chop them up and add them to the sauce.

Lovely with brown basmati rice.

hello?! baked potatoes! they're like an edible chariot of goodness for delightful dahls, curries of fire, and superlative salads!

I once had a heated (and drunk) conversation with a polish girl whereby i condemned all things polish on the basis of calling a potatoe a 'zhlozneski' or something similar. Ok, some spanish guy brings back potatoes, they spread around europe under the guise of patats, patate, batatas, poteter, potaten, potatoe, pratai. Then comes a polish guy,

Potatoe man - "here's a potatoe"
Polish guy - "zhlozneski'
Potatoe man - "no, a potatoe"
Potatoe man - "WHAT! no no, i said a potatoe"
Potatoe man - "oh for fuck sake, i hope your country gets communism or cancer or something"

Polish guy - "zhlozneski!'

Andy hates Polish people.Hates them
Bag'o'cans said:
I once had a heated (and drunk) conversation with a polish girl whereby i condemned all things polish on the basis of calling a potatoe a 'zhlozneski' or something similar. Ok, some spanish guy brings back potatoes, they spread around europe under the guise of patats, patate, batatas, poteter, potaten, potatoe, pratai. Then comes a polish guy,

Potatoe man - "here's a potatoe"
Potatoe man - "no, a potatoe"
Potatoe man - "WHAT! no no, i said a potatoe"
Potatoe man - "oh for fuck sake, i hope your country gets communism or cancer or something"

Polish guy - "zhlozneski!'

potatoes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back