Postage delays & Discogs (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 2

ron

Hello

I sent cds to a buyer in Austria on May 8 - he's claims to not have received them and wants a refund.

I told him postage has been severely disrupted and that he needs to be patient.
If he's been honest, that's 7 weeks without delivery.

Anyone else have similar experience?
Cheers

Hello

I sent cds to a buyer in Austria on May 8 - he's claims to not have received them and wants a refund.

Cheers

I know one of my brothers was waiting a while for delivery of stuff from mainland Europe. He'd ordered different items over the space of a few weeks but then it all arrived at the 1 time. That was a while ago though

I ordered something on Etsy from Latvia that took about 3 weeks, and it was a small and light packet. Can easily imagine something larger sitting on a sorting office shelf for longer.

What I've heard is that postal workers are doing a perma-christmas in IReland with reduced staff numbers. Anything that cant be robotically sorted is going straight to backlog. Getting things in drips and drops here.

I have 'close' 'sources' in the postal service.

It isn't anything to do with my username though.

I stopped selling at the start and havent listed again yet. Have been considering it though.

Have a look on discogs forums theres sure to be a few threads about postage issues at the moment.

Hello

Cheers
I ordered something from France at the start of May, only arrived a week or so ago

Actually ordered 22 May, shipped 3 days later, arrived 10 June. Was longer than I thought, possibly they are getting worse here since mid-June?

If a buyer files a claim with PayPal for non-delivery, does seller get a right-of-reply? Can I contest?

Paypal should listen to both parties, buyer and seller?

If a buyer files a claim with PayPal for non-delivery, does seller get a right-of-reply? Can I contest?

Paypal should listen to both parties, buyer and seller?
They take the buyers side unless the seller can prove delivery, the argument being either that the person sending the item in the post can claim off the mail service or that the buyer purchased an item and its up to the seller to get the buyer the item, not just to get it as far as the post office. That's why some sellers refuse to send items any way except recorded delivery.

It's quite unfair really. Both sides have the potential to fuck over the other. But its not as common as youd think. So far as a seller I've been lucky.

I only ordered from discogs for the first time around the start of May. It was from some guy in the Netherlands. The guy didn't dispatch it for ages and anytime I asked him about it, he kept messaging saying "No bro, post office queue too big." Eventually Got the record around the start of this month. It was pretty much unplayable. Got a refund for the price of the record.

I ordered a record from France during the week. Haven't bought any records in ages, so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Anyone who sells tackle the new shipping policies?
Seems to be a lot of people not happy about it ,can't say I'm excited about figuring it all out myself. I'm either going to wait and see can I figure it out from another seller ,or look for somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back