Post-pandemic Travel (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 6
What is the current position of the government WRT arrivals from Italy. I've got e-mails from Ryanair saying they're resuming flights reasonably soon, are they trying to sell flights to people who will have to self isolate for 2 weeks after they get back?

What is the current position of the government WRT arrivals from Italy. I've got e-mails from Ryanair saying they're resuming flights reasonably soon, are they trying to sell flights to people who will have to self isolate for 2 weeks after they get back?

I know one trying to fly from sweden who got the adivce from the Irish side to ISO for a fortnight. Not sure ryanair should be a bellweather in this case :p

I know one trying to fly from sweden who got the adivce from the Irish side to ISO for a fortnight. Not sure ryanair should be a bellweather in this case :p

It'd be just like their normal level of care for customers if they were encouraging people to buy flights that they'd have to take an extra 2 weeks off from work after.

It'd be just like their normal level of care for customers if they were encouraging people to buy flights that they'd have to take an extra 2 weeks off from work after.

GOD,.

It just dawned on me.

we are probably about 2 weeks away from getting targeted ads about boutique isolation hostels.

Ryanair are clearly trying to apply pressure on the govt to get them to cop on over the rules on people entering/exiting the country. Whereas, obviously, we don't want to import new cases, creating 'corridors' between countries with low numbers of new cases, seems like a no-brainer.

Aer Lingus said the same yesterday. The law on forced 14-day quarantine expires in mid-June. We'll see what happens then.

There is also no sane reason for keeping a 20km restriction in place. Its a bit of a nonsense that, theoretically, you can leave the country, but you can't drive 21km up the road.

The govt are all over the shop at this stage.

I suspect that as airlines grope around for some sweet bailout euros they at the same time are trying to satisfy banks/shareholders with evidence that the model is rebooting. Kinda basket case era for them, be careful with your money.

Ryanair are clearly trying to apply pressure on the govt to get them to cop on over the rules on people entering/exiting the country. Whereas, obviously, we don't want to import new cases, creating 'corridors' between countries with low numbers of new cases, seems like a no-brainer.

Aer Lingus said the same yesterday. The law on forced 14-day quarantine expires in mid-June. We'll see what happens then.

There is also no sane reason for keeping a 20km restriction in place. Its a bit of a nonsense that, theoretically, you can leave the country, but you can't drive 21km up the road.

The govt are all over the shop at this stage.

I wouldn't blame them for being cautious in the initial rollout of the 5-phases of returning to something approaching normality, better than to be gung-ho like the British have been this week. However, yeah, there's plenty of areas where they could revise the plan and move faster.

The only time I've seen my GF, who lives 39km from me, since March 15th was when I had a work related trip a few weeks ago that took me near where she lives and we met in a park to go for a walk. This has been a really rough time for non-cohabiting couples. It's been a rough time for everyone, and I know plenty of people have had it much worse, but that part of it has been really shit for people in that kind of situation. There's been loads said about the emotional cost of grandparants and grandkids not being able to see each other but the only time I've seen people in realtionships who don't live together talked about was a short item on six:eek:ne about how teenagers are sad because they can't see their boyfriend or girlfirend.

that won't happen though. Ryanair have already said they'd refuse to resume services if they are forced to leave seats free.

Something a bit more sensible would be to compartmentalise the cabin. Have 2 or 3 distinct sections. That way, if someone did have covid, the exposure and resulting contact tracing required, would be lessened.
Ryanair doesn’t get to decide

Something a bit more sensible would be to compartmentalise the cabin. Have 2 or 3 distinct sections. That way, if someone did have covid, the exposure and resulting contact tracing required, would be lessened.

3 distinct sections is still 100+ people in a section sitting side by side for hours, and everyone still sharing the same AC. Think harder.

I want to go to Latvia. They changed their entry rules yesterday. The border has reopened and there's a 14-day quarantine in place for people from countries that have >14 cases per 100000 head of population over a 14-day period.

As of 29/5, Ireland was 20.5. That will have dropped since then. Waiting for the number to get below the 14 them I'm outta here.

Out of interest, heres the full list

https://spkc.gov.lv/upload/Aktualitates/2020/kumulativie_29_05.pdf

My Dad is still stuck in Thailand. I’m not sure how much is a logistical issue and how much is down to him just not wanting to come home.
I’ve a pretty solid argument this time for arguing against him visiting again at Christmas, which was his plan.

I'
I want to go to Latvia. They changed their entry rules yesterday. The border has reopened and there's a 14-day quarantine in place for people from countries that have >14 cases per 100000 head of population over a 14-day period.

As of 29/5, Ireland was 20.5. That will have dropped since then. Waiting for the number to get below the 14 them I'm outta here.

Out of interest, heres the full list

https://spkc.gov.lv/upload/Aktualitates/2020/kumulativie_29_05.pdf

Our next door neighbours have gone back to Romania for the Summer. They were saying that they have to quarantine for 2 weeks when they get over and police call every day to ensure that they're complying.

I've no plans to travel anywhere this year or possibly next year, except maybe trying to bring the kids over to legoland in Windsor when that reopens. We were meant to go in May. It'll be next year before we make it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back