Post-pandemic Travel (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 6
3 distinct sections is still 100+ people in a section sitting side by side for hours, and everyone still sharing the same AC. Think harder.
AC? You mean the HEPA systems? The same air filtration systems that are used by the medical profession.

The quality of air on an aircraft is not nearly as terrible as people would have you believe.

On a boeing 737, such as Ryanair use, the number of seats is approx 180

I also understand that when things even out flights will soon in fact become very expensive, as the price to fly a plane remains the same but with a third of the number of people on it.

Not because of a third of the number of people. Flights for some people have been unrealistically cheap for a very long time because certain business models were used, cheaper the earlier you booked and based on fully sold out flights (with the last 20% or so to book paying the balance for the cheaper fares. Meaning that passengers travelling at the last minute paid quite a premium.

With no guarantee of full planes and months and months of loss making to be recouped to satisfy shareholders...

that won't happen though. Ryanair have already said they'd refuse to resume services if they are forced to leave seats free.

It won't be happening, nor will subdivisions (safety risks). The airlines have already successfully argued that social distancing on a plane is impossible, that hepa filters (standard on all jets, so all of Aer Lingus and Ryanair's planes) mitigate the risk and that contact tracing can be facilitated if necessary because of the passenger manifest. At the airport, where a greater number of people who are less easily identified and traced, is deemed a greater risk

What happens if it goes up again before the flight and your visit is only for a week?
If we went from Ireland to Latvia and our numbers were above 14 cases per 100000 head of population, we would have to self-isolate for 2 weeks. If, at any time during that 2 week period, the cases drop below 14 per 100000 head of population, we do not have to finish out the self-quarantine.

And, afaik, if you travel when the cases are below the 14 case per 100000 threshold on the day you travel, it doesn't matter if the number rises while you are away.

Not because of a third of the number of people. Flights for some people have been unrealistically cheap for a very long time because certain business models were used, cheaper the earlier you booked and based on fully sold out flights (with the last 20% or so to book paying the balance for the cheaper fares. Meaning that passengers travelling at the last minute paid quite a premium.

This always disquieted me, the vast majority of people I know who book flights at the last minute book them for funerals or when someone is very ill. Don't suppose we have any figures on it?

This always disquieted me, the vast majority of people I know who book flights at the last minute book them for funerals or when someone is very ill. Don't suppose we have any figures on it?

No figures for you on that but I would add that that category (last minute, emergency travellers, are also disproportionately denied boarding for various reasons).

Wondering about booking a flight in august for a night at RAW Power festival in London. Not interested in self-isolating for two weeks upon return though. Prob just miss it to avoid hassle/disappointment

ra
random nonsensical anecdote; the first and only time i flew ryanair was for a family funeral in london a couple of years ago. and the person who checked our boarding passes at the gate was michael o'leary. i assume that he does this for all people flying ryanair for the first time?

Wondering about booking a flight in august for a night at RAW Power festival in London. Not interested in self-isolating for two weeks upon return though. Prob just miss it to avoid hassle/disappointment

Is Raw Power going ahead? Surprised if so ...

Laughing at @ernesto here as I had to point out the 2021 part of Raw Power to him yesterday. I can't imagine any gigs here in August this year never mind travelling to London to play a fest with 100s of attendees.

Laughing at @ernesto here as I had to point out the 2021 part of Raw Power to him yesterday. I can't imagine any gigs here in August this year never mind travelling to London to play a fest with 100s of attendees.

Yeah I think a part of my brain was thinking 'oh sure this august be grand, lockdown over' etc

🤦🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back