post apocalyptic/dystopian films (2 Viewers)

mad into this shit recently. watched the quiet earth, okayish, final scene is deadly. saw city of ember, good fun. gonna watch the omega man and a boy and his dog later this week. anyone else got any recommends?

lots of ideas here:

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/the-top-50-dystopian-movies-of-all-time/

Shit, I didn't know they made a film of A boy and his dog! Dunno how I missed that one!

P.S The book for Damnation Alley is fucking great, hilarious and brutal, coooool. I heard the film is a pile of shit though.

delicatessen?

i downloaded the entire first series of the tribe recently, then deleted it after 5 or 6 episodes. something about all the pregnant little girls in that programme always freaked me out. and all the kids are fucking annoying little bastards.

delicatessen?

i downloaded the entire first series of the tribe recently, then deleted it after 5 or 6 episodes. something about all the pregnant little girls in that programme always freaked me out. and all the kids are fucking annoying little bastards.

i used to love the tribe! did they ever finish it properly?

Pre-production for Series 6 started in September 2003[14] and a script for a Tribe Movie was written and put on the market.[15] However, Nick Wilson, of Channel 5, and Raymond Thompson eventually decided that although "the show was still performing well, [they] felt that the cast was getting too old [and that] it was beginning to stretch the core proposition."[1] The cast and crew members went on to work on other productions. The scripts for the first two episodes of Series 6 were included on the Series 5 DVD box set released in 2006 (see 2006 in home video).[16] The episodes told the story of the Mall Rats, who had to leave the City on a boat at the end of Series 5, as they arrived on an unknown island.
During pre-production for Series 6, Channel 5 and Cloud 9 created a sequel for The Tribe: The New Tomorrow.[17] 26 episodes were produced and they aired in 2005 on Five. It was also filmed in Wellington, with 20 core cast and up to 100 crew, including a large number who had worked on Peter Jackson's King Kong.[18] Many themes and story lines intended for The Tribe's Series 6 were used and adapted for the new show. It was aimed at a younger audience, 8 to 12 year olds,[1] but followed the same theme of children creating a new world without the adults.[19] It was set further in the future and followed the story of four Tribes: the Ants, the Barbs, the Privileged and the Discards.
a good few of the cast appear in the toadally awesome new zealand series 'outrageous fortune'...trudy (antonia prebble) and the mad bitch woman from the bootcamp (ma'am) are two of the main characters, and tai-san (michelle ang) and amber were in it too.

i downloaded the entire first series of the tribe recently.

Does anyone of A Certain Age (i.e. over 30) remember a TV series or film from the late 70s/ early 80s, set in a post-apocalyptic society of children, who weren't allowed to eat "flesh" until they're 18? There was a creepy psychic mutant character called Moonchild.

It was like Threads for kids, or The Tribe but good.

Never realised until just now that there's a 1959 adaptation of Neville Shute's On the Beach, must seek it out. The Chrysalids by John Wyndham is another great book along the same lines, can't find any mention of a film of that, but maybe someone's filmed it under another name?

What was that one that was out a few years back were theres noone can have kids anymore, its set in england and Micheal Cane is in it briefley.About 2 years old

Hmmm if only there was some way i could search for Micheal Canes recent films.......

What was that one that was out a few years back were theres noone can have kids anymore, its set in england and Micheal Cane is in it briefley.About 2 years old

Hmmm if only there was some way i could search for Micheal Canes recent films.......

Children Of Men.

Just found a copy of this online:

GLADIATORS69.jpg

How about ROLLERBALL and its Italian rips offs:

medium_endgame-bronx-lotta-finale.jpg

rome2033medusa.gif

I ahve a sof spot for this (not Italian):

salute_of_the_jugger.jpg

There's always the 5 PLANET OF APES FILMS and the Japanese version:

Time+of+the+Apes+1.jpg

apologies if some are repeated..
Angel´s Egg (1985) aka Tenshi no tamago
Automatons (2006)
Es ist nicht leicht ein Gott zu sein (1990) aka Hard to Be a God
Halbe Welt (1993) aka Half the World
Nabi aka The Butterfly (2001)
Vexille (2007)

The Day After
Event Horizon
The Fifth Element
Hardware
I am Legend
Johnny Mnemonic
Judge Dredd
Max Headroom
Night of the Comet
Plughead Rewired: Circuitry Man II
Robocop 2 & 3
Salute of the Jugger
Screamers
Slipstream
Trancers
and
Waterworld
1984 (1956)
A Boy and His Dog (1975)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
A Scanner Darkly (2006)
Achi-wa ssipak (2006)
Akira (1988)
Alphaville, une étrange aventure de Lemmy Caution (1965)
Angel´s Egg (1985) aka Tenshi no tamago
Automatons (2006)
Avalon (2001)
Battle Royale (2000)
Bis ans Ende der Welt (1991) aka Until the End of the World
Blade Runner (1982)
Brazil (1985)
Bunker Palace Hôtel (1989)
Children of Men (2006)
Cité des enfants perdus, La (1995) aka The City of Lost Children
Code 46 (2003)
Dark City (1998)
Death Race 2000 (1975)
Decima vittima, La (1965)
Dernier combat, Le (1983)
Delicatessen (1991)
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
Equilibrium (2002)
Es ist nicht leicht ein Gott zu sein (1990) aka Hard to Be a God
Escape From New York (1981)
eXistenZ (1999)
Fahrenheit 451 (1966)
Gattaca (1997)
Halbe Welt (1993) aka Half the World
Harrison Bergeron (1995)
Himmel über Berlin, Der (1987) aka Wings of Desire
Jetée, La (1962)
Kin-Dza-Dza (1986)
Logan's Run (1976)
Mad Max (1979)
Metropolis (1927) by Fritz Lang
Nabi aka The Butterfly (2001)
Nineteen Eighty-Four (1984)
One Point O (2004)
Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis (2001)
Procès, Le (1962) aka The Trial
Psy-Warriors (1981)
RoboCop (1987)
Seksmisja (1984) aka Sexmission
Silent Running (1972)
Solaris (1972)
Southland Tales (2006)
Soylent Green (1973)
Stalker (1979)
Strange Days (1995)
The Warriors (1979)
Tank Girl (1995)
The American Astronaut (2001)
The Nine Lives of Tomas Katz
The Quiet Earth (1985)
The War of the Worlds (1953)
They Live (1988)
Threads (1984)
THX 1138 (1971)
Twelve Monkeys (1995)
Vexille (2007)
Videodrome (1983)
Wojna swiatów - nastepne stulecie (1981)
Zardoz (1974)

nice list, i wouldn't class event horizon as post-apocalyptic tho, just shit sci-fi horror. i would also call fifth element straight up sci-fi.

nice list, i wouldn't class event horizon as post-apocalyptic tho, just shit sci-fi horror. i would also call fifth element straight up sci-fi.

The list is a mixture of good and bad. There's some great films in there, also some piles of shit though, and there's definitely a bunch of films there that aren't really post-apocalyptic or dystopian.

#

No way!! Event Horizon rocks!!!

Awesome list there tho - a good few I havent heard of/seen. I'll have to check'em out. Sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back