Popicalia#17: Lie Ins (album Launch), Cave Ghosts, Oh Boland, ANSEO FEB 2 (1 Viewer)

373486_189617654513593_1280577639_n.jpg

Popicalia #17

February 2nd at 8.30 PM in Anseo, Camden Street

featuring
LIE INS (album launch)
CAVE GHOSTS
OH BOLAND

7 euros gets you into the gig
10 euros gets you entry to the gig with a CD

This will be the launch of 'Death To Lie Ins'. Here's what folk are saying about that.
'sardonic, comedic, bizarre, surreal, and some nifty pop hooks' Dara Higgins, thumped.com
"a promising calling card with an irreverant spirit that marks them out from the crowd" Andrew Lynch, the Sunday Business Post
"...this is plain excellent stuff. Exactly what I like the best in the contemporary underground quality music mafia, for which Ireland is sort of epicenter." - Nicolas Chartoire, Underketing

Go hear a song from the record here: http://thumped.com/audio/lie-ins-the-low-men.html

Here's a wijo made for one of the songs by the very talented and handsome Bobby Aherne.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mike - I'll be there tomorrow -I'll be wearing corduroy but not because your song told me too.

Actually, I had avery bad night's sleep the other night and 'we were born into corcuroy' was in my head the whole time - I kept thinking that this could actually turn out to be Mike's big hit. The video is class too, although you already knew that. With both of you wearing glasses you look like The Proclaimers gone wrong. Nice production job from pantone too.

Also I was on a radio show recently and the presenter told me that they have a file of songs that are 2mins long, which they use to fill the awkward slot before the news - that's why they play Ginnels so much, although they were keen to emphasise that they really like Ginnels anyway. I reckon that could be your niche: pre-news guitar pop.

Thanks Ro, I never thought of the Proclaimers thing yeah, and actually it occurs to me that they once did a cover of Whole Wide World by Wreckless Eric, like we did at a recent gig. If you ever play Lie Ins Trivial Pursuit that question might come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back