Popical Island Saturday #3 tomorrow 2.30 (2 Viewers)

My personal memory for the day was Thomas joining my on stage.

There always seems to be a cool moment involving kids, last year it was seeing Mark's little boy bopping away to Land Lovers, this year it was your son peeking out from behind you as you played.

Really enjoyed the day, I the only bands playing that I'd never seen before were Biggles Flys Again and Ginnells, and I really liked them both, Ginnells especially, one of the absolute highlights of the day.

Ginnells were amazing alright. Also GPO were on fire and the new drummer was great for them.

There always seems to be a cool moment involving kids, last year it was seeing Mark's little boy bopping away to Land Lovers, this year it was your son peeking out from behind you as you played.

Really enjoyed the day, I the only bands playing that I'd never seen before were Biggles Flys Again and Ginnells, and I really liked them both, Ginnells especially, one of the absolute highlights of the day.

Between minding kids and setting up for bands I was playing in, I saw less music year this year than in previous years. But amazing fun all the same. Thanks to everyone coming along and making it happen.

Every year has unforgettable moments and this year for me they were:
- Mumblin' Deaf Ro (+Thomas) playing Being Bill Cosby in the Parlour, which was the perfect venue for him + band. It was great there were so many kids there. Also St Christopher's Water.
- Yeh Deadlies cranking it up to 90 with Learning Chinese
- Ginnels playing Gangs of Witches
- No Monster Club moshpit
- Ian Squarehead and Shane Land Lovers being wasted

Best GPO set I've seen.
Ginnels brilliant as usual, and Gangs of Witches really came alive as played by the band. Possibly my favourite single song of the day.
Loved Mumblin' Deaf Ro, can't wait to hear the album. Very endearing choreography.
Deadlies set a rare treat at the moment and bloody hell it was great. Night Traveller is already a favourite (I don't know if that's the name of the song).
Ruan's Lie Ins drumming, Mike losing the head on Hands in Your Thumbs.
Obviously the general vibe was satisfying and nice and exciting, hooray.

I can't think of a single group/performer that didn't exceed expectations for me, and it's not as if I was expecting dross! Ginnels especially go from strength to strength.

As we were leaving, someone asked the kid what her favourite part of the day was

"going to the shop!"

don't take it personally...

7513ff02c85b11e19b0622000a1e8a4f_7.jpg

Mumblin Deaf Ro band "doing a Quo"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back