Pope John Paul II vs. Ireland (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
Well, this will be a 'sterner test', as they say, for sure.

Looking forward to it actually. They really can't sink into themselves for this, can they? Will be curious to see if he sticks with Hoolahan for this. No Keane.

Bring it on.

Here's the Ireland lineup:
Code:
                 Forde
Kelly       St Ledger     Wilson      Ward
Walters (c)    McCarthy   Green   McGeady
              Stokes    Long
Green, Kelly St Ledger back and Ward starts again.. Marty may be starting to realize what slim pickings he has to work with really. Was Pilkington in this squad or is he injured?

How's this going so far ?

Watched 30 mins of it but in all seriousness both Sweden and Portugal are poor sides who shouldn't have any business being at the world cup. So I'm watching France batter Ukraine.

Right so I came here to gloat about France having a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside and while I was doing that they scored one that was about 4 yards offside.

They've been absolutely excellent so far and fully deserve to be level.

Football ; It's fucking mental.

I'm following text updates of the Ireland game, it sounds a bit humdrum, evenly matched and not many chances. Looks like all of the seeded playoff teams going through, if France can keep the momentum going. Sweden need 3 now.. Iceland couldn't score despite 45 minutes with a man extra so that's them done.

Ronaldo just scored one of the best hat tricks you'll ever see. His pace and first touch are absolutely amazing.

Meanwhile 10 man Ukraine are scrapping it out in their own box trying to keep out France. It's been fascinating if utterly one sided stuff since the sending off.

How Are Ireland getting on in that meaningless excuse for a match ?

France are through, I'd imagine and it's a fucking own goal that puts them there.

Fuck sake.

Fully deserved though. The French commentary team on TF1 are going crazy, it's like it's 1998 again for them.

If the world cup was in France they'd be in with a shot, Pogba, Ribery Benzema and Lloris are fine players

French commentary is brilliant, every time Ukraine get across the halfway line they howl "Non non non non!!!" and every chance France get they shamelessly scream "OUI!!!" twice they've collapsed into giggling fits.

Really entertaining.

Edit: Some times I don't get football managers, 5 minutes left plus stopage time Ukraine had a free kick just outside the box. 9 of the 10 men head into the box but the manager waves them back. Insane.

Edit : it's over France are there. The commentary team are just laughing and shouting "we're there" over and over. it's gas hearing someone other than George Hamilton doing that.

Last edited:
Are we still angry at France? It's pretty much a whole different team now.. I'm not shedding any tears on the Ukraine missing out, as one of the protagonists in the worst high-level football match I've ever seen (Ukraine v Switzerland 2006, though they did knock Switzerland out eventually, which gets them back a few goodwill points).

That's not how it works, as you then just go ahead and prove by having it in for the Swiss!
Heh.. now you point it out, you're dead right.. Funny that I find it hard to dislike the French team despite the handball but the Swiss who beat us fair and square (well, drew with us mostly) I still hold a bit of a grudge against. The massive overreaction to it at the time and the number of idiots with no interest in football that jumped on the France hating bandwagon kind of spoiled it for me (plus I feel like they kind of repaid whatever karmic debt they had with how miserable that tournament was for them, even their own public seemed to mostly hate the team by the end).

Are we still angry at France? It's pretty much a whole different team now.. I'm not shedding any tears on the Ukraine missing out, as one of the protagonists in the worst high-level football match I've ever seen (Ukraine v Switzerland 2006, though they did knock Switzerland out eventually, which gets them back a few goodwill points).

I'm still livid with Paul McShane for ALLOWING THE FUCKING BALL TO BOUNCE IN HIS OWN FUCKING SIX YARD BOX.

JESUS IT'S ALL COMING BACK. THE RAGE I FEEL JUST THINKING ABOUT THE STUPID CUNT WAVING HIS ARMS AND GLANCING OVER HIS SHOULDER ALLOWING ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST PROLIFIC STRIKERS TIME AND FUCKING SPACE FROM A FUCKING SET PIECE KDJBVBRIVBIRIEBBHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!@£$%^&*^YUHIUVUGVTGC

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK WHY DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS FUCKING TORMENT??? WHY ?? FUCK YOU MCSHANE AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH

Ahem.

But France ? I couldn't give two fucks about France really. They were the better side on the night and deserved to win. They'll bring something to the tournament that The Ukraine won't. If they go out and play like they did on Tuesday they could surprise a few people. They probably won't because they'll turn on each other before the thing kicks off but still you want the best teams there.

Fuck France. They took OUR SPOT so they could be totally, utterly shit and have a series of mental breakdowns. WE COULD HAVE BEEN TOTALLY, UTTERLY SHIT INSTEAD.

I like that Swizzz team. Some good young players there. Won their group, last team to beat Spain in a competitive (no confed cup) game. They got some moves. I tip them to play some football, maybe to even do a goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back