podcast mics (1 Viewer)

Have you considered shooting the person doing the podcast in the shins?

Those rode's are fine. The market is peaked for home podcasting and WFH so the supply/volume of sales levels for nice podcast mic's is as good as it's gonna get. I think i used two of those for a live music application at one point and they are fine. Get pop sheilds for sure. The recording environment being somewhat treated counts for a lot.

It's all gonna be compressed down to MP3 and listened bluetoothed to a tincan so i wouldn't be mortgaging the house if that's the only application.

Have you considered shooting the person doing the podcast in the shins?

many times ❤️

Those rode's are fine. The market is peaked for home podcasting and WFH so the supply/volume of sales levels for nice podcast mic's is as good as it's gonna get. I think i used two of those for a live music application at one point and they are fine. Get pop sheilds for sure. The recording environment being somewhat treated counts for a lot.

yep, I’ll be treating the environment (aka hanging blankets on walls in a small room)

about the pop shields, yep, I was thinking the same... though the description on thomann says that they have a built-in pop filter, but I presume those won’t be too great.

this is also an effort to try to get the gear organised in advance, partly to try to ensure that everyone involved will be using the *same* mic, which hopefully makes the task of getting a nice consistent outcome that little bit easier

thanks for the thoughts on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back