playing gigs whilst drunk. (1 Viewer)

rampz

i have become the master of this in the short time since i took up playing again.

its not good really is it. or is it? you get over the auld nerves a bit but then the mind starts to wander and you start making mistakes wholesale.

any comments?

do you guys play better after a load of pints or just the same or wha?

this is totally 50/50..ive had good and bad experience. although ive never played whilst properly drunk.

i would usually have 1 to loosen up. i tend to drink 1 or 2 during the gig though.

but i dont drink so much anymore.

when i was doing big shows this summer(12,000 people type shows)my pre-gig routine consisted of:
berocca,
bananna,
listening to music that gets you going,
jumping,
stretching calves,
drumming on the walls,
not looking at the crowd until you go out.

ive been doing that since then.

I practice while drinking, so it wouldn't make much sense to gig sober, now would it?
Mind you, if it's causing mistakes and a lack of awesomeness, I'd probably consider having one drink less.

All my old bands best gigs were when we were locked. The new one is gonna be interesting, we're practicing til we're too drunk to play so presumably gigs are gonna be equally shambolic. I suppose its just a matter of making sure the gig is out of the way before we're too drunk.

in most of the bands i've been in there has never been drinking at rehearsals. not for any particular reason. when i was in canada rocking with the lord damian and crew there was always beer at rehearsals. it's loads of run but you tend not to get as much done in terms of new songs. i will be exploring this drinking at rehearsals/gigs more in the coming months.

i like having a pint or two but no more than that as i find concentration goes out the window. i like playing early in the night too, if theres several bands playing, as you can have your one or two pints then have more after the gig without having to worry. i havent been in a band that rehearsed since i was 17 so thats no longer an issue for me really

My fellow band members drank a daddy naggin of vodka each before we played our first ever gig in Whelans. It was our best gig up until that date. We've played alot better ones since mind.

Always have a pint before practice and a couple or few for gigs.
In previous bands, before gigs, it was a banana, a large bowl, and a couple pints of water.
Mark, Hugh, elaborate on this new 'venture', please.

this was a good gig

l_328b5dfaac35568c27867a0ccdbd1c12.jpg

thanks kenn

Always seem to have at least two alot of the time three pints before a gig and one during the set which works out alright most of the time, unless Im wrecked from work or havent eaten that much that day then Im pissed off with my performance for about an hour after. Drinking at practice depends on the day of the week for me but I usually do. Playing in three bands this saturday which is gonna be mad exhausting so Ill probably be drinking pints of water for the first set at least. Bottom line is the same as the bottom line with smoking, you just look cooler when you do it and thats that:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back