Pink Floyd (1 Viewer)

Ocks Tail

Nah, the Floyd are all right, in a poncy English airy-fairy kind of way. There's just better stuff out there, like Roy Orbison, or Billy Joel. Or Amon Duul.

Genius and Bollox

Genius, because I lurve it.

Bollox, because the seem to milk every bit out of all of their (extremely overpriced) albums and if I remember correctly, this is not the first re-issue of the album

..yeah it's not the first time. sobody in the band must need a new wing on their mansion. Roger Waters solo album "guide to hitch hiking " or whatever it was called is way better than any floyd. check it out kids.

Genius! Pink Floyd are amazing, and I won't have a word against them. Their albums are over priced and they do milk it a bit, but the music is class.

Meddle: Amazing

Dark Side of the Moon: Great, great album

Wish you were Here: One of the best albums ever!

Animals: Fucking wierd, but marvellous

The Wall: Another fuckin classic but Double Album.

...plus Dave Gilmour has one of the coolest voices ever, and a snazzy Guitarist to boot.

'a saucer full of secrets' is great, and there's some great tunes on 'more', but, yeah,billy joel is a far superior artist

Everyone should be made watch the Pink Floyd live at Pompei Video. Fantastic: Crazy ass music (very forward looking for its time) and hillarious bits where all the boys talk shit in their posh public school accents ("Could I have a slice of pie.. with no crust!").

I reckon most people's idea of what experimental music is, is defined by Meddle era Pink Ployd. And when I say most people I mean those that haven't been exposed to Krautrock

Yep, pink floyd, rush, yes, jethro tull - crazy! fuck all this post rock shit*

*only messin, but the aforementioned bands are the real deal in prog rock, in my opinion.

according to http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/pink-floyd-mini-vinyl-studio-box-set.html it will have a dvd with the band members discussing their 40th anniversary and land marks. the mini-vinyl sleeves would be nice i suppose but still. i'd rather hear the album of division bell out-takes they were once planning on putting out

emicd11228_spread.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back