Pink Floyd (1 Viewer)

This is gas, full of stills of Roger from the Wall shows looking evil and dressed like a Nazi

A shocking, explosive and most compelling film by award winning filmmaker/No.1 NY Times bestselling author Ian Halperin. Is Pink Floyd leader Roger Waters an anti-Semite? Is he the de-facto leader of BDS? Find out in this jaw dropping documentary about contemporary antisemitism combined with Waters rise to the forefront of the BDS movement, and his controversial journey attempting to get all artists to boycott Israel. Halperin, the son of a Holocaust survivor, traveled the globe for two years to get to the bottom of this incredible story, meeting up with and filming hundreds of experts from all faiths, including Ronald Lauder, Pope Francis, Haras Rafiq, Palestinian and Israeli leaders, U.S., British and French government officials, The Chief Rabbi of Ukraine, Alan Dershowitz and Dr. Charles Small. A riveting film that is a must view for everyone!! Please visit www.wedontneednorogerwaters.com

SHOW MORE
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there's a band called Ummagumma

that made me realise I'd never heard that term mentioned in any other context, so I looked it up.

Urban Dictionary: Ummagumma

there's a band called 'fucking in cambridgeshire'

If anyone is still looking to buy tickets for Roger in the three arena next summer, Ticketmaster have released more €76 tickets.

Pink Floyd questions on Mastermind:
  1. What is the title of Pink Floyd's first chart single, released in 1967?
  2. What was the name of the design agency formed by Storm Thorgerson and Aubrey 'Po' Powell that designed several Pink Floyd album covers including The Dark Side of the Moon and Meddle?
  3. The 1979 number one single Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 had backing vocals by children from which London school?
  4. In November 1973 Pink Floyd played two benefit concerts in one day, with Soft Machine at the Rainbow Theatre, that raised £10,000 for a drummer who had broken his back. Who?
  5. The band's 1972 album Obscured By Clouds was originally produced as a soundtrack for a Barbet Schroeder film. What was it called?
  6. Who sang lead vocals on Have A Cigar for the album, Wish You Were Here?
  7. The title of Pink Floyd's first album, The Piper At The Gates of Dawn, is taken from a chapter heading in a classic children's book. What's it called?
  8. Come In Number 51, Your Time Is Up is one of three songs for the film Zabriskie Point. Which earlier song is it a reworking of?
  9. Which music critic and later television presenter wrote in Rolling Stone Magazine: "The Dark Side of the Moon has flash, the true flash that comes from the excellence of a superb performance"?
  10. Which Pink Floyd tribute song to Syd Barrett includes the line "Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner..."?
  11. Who was the author who was invited on stage to play acoustic guitar on Brain Damage at the band's Earls Court concert on the 28th October 1994?
It seems the contestant only got 7 of them right. I don't know number 9 and I only know the neighborhood for number 3 but that might have been close enough. I'd have cleaned up on this round and probably won the night.

Pink Floyd questions on Mastermind:
  1. What is the title of Pink Floyd's first chart single, released in 1967?
  2. What was the name of the design agency formed by Storm Thorgerson and Aubrey 'Po' Powell that designed several Pink Floyd album covers including The Dark Side of the Moon and Meddle?
  3. The 1979 number one single Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 had backing vocals by children from which London school?
  4. In November 1973 Pink Floyd played two benefit concerts in one day, with Soft Machine at the Rainbow Theatre, that raised £10,000 for a drummer who had broken his back. Who?
  5. The band's 1972 album Obscured By Clouds was originally produced as a soundtrack for a Barbet Schroeder film. What was it called?
  6. Who sang lead vocals on Have A Cigar for the album, Wish You Were Here?
  7. The title of Pink Floyd's first album, The Piper At The Gates of Dawn, is taken from a chapter heading in a classic children's book. What's it called?
  8. Come In Number 51, Your Time Is Up is one of three songs for the film Zabriskie Point. Which earlier song is it a reworking of?
  9. Which music critic and later television presenter wrote in Rolling Stone Magazine: "The Dark Side of the Moon has flash, the true flash that comes from the excellence of a superb performance"?
  10. Which Pink Floyd tribute song to Syd Barrett includes the line "Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner..."?
  11. Who was the author who was invited on stage to play acoustic guitar on Brain Damage at the band's Earls Court concert on the 28th October 1994?
It seems the contestant only got 7 of them right. I don't know number 9 and I only know the neighborhood for number 3 but that might have been close enough. I'd have cleaned up on this round and probably won the night.

At a push I'd get 8 but I'd be guessing 3.

Pink Floyd and real ballet happened long ago

Just need to introduce one of these babies to the equation

19356.jpg

I love pink floyd. David gilmours' beautiful tasteful solos haunt me.i spent my teenage years listening to them. I don't own any albums cos they're ingrained in my memory from hanging out with my mates. But the thought of Gary kemp playing with nick mason...isn't that worthy of a raised eyebrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back