Pink Floyd (1 Viewer)

I'm still on the fence with this one. There's a real bang of Amused to Death and Animals off the new album. I love both of those but I can't decide if he's gone a bit OTT in the hat-tipping and it's just self-plagarism.

Bird in a Gale could be lifted straight off Animals.

I shall try and remain open-minded. I'm kind of determined to like it.

He swears a bit too much and there's a couple of songs I don't really like but overall I'm really liking it a lot. I don't know what to think about the plagiarism, I'm starting to think that it's just his songwriting style and he's repeating himself now than anything else. My favorite bits of plagiarism are the the final cut ones.

I really like Wait For Her
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When I first got the album and looked at the track listing I assumed that there were two more songs to follow this one and I'm still disappointed every time this one ends and the next two are basically Wait For Her parts II and III but not as good as part I.

This looks interesting
IN THE PINK (not a hunting memoir)

inthepinksite.jpg

I just picked up a copy of Nick Mason's book the other week. Haven't read it yet but I didn't even know he had a book til I saw it in the bookshop.

Roger Waters was on BBC6 music yesterday morning. There'll be no reunion, says Roger.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's a toss-up between Learning to Fly and Yet Another Movie for me, they're cracking tunes.

good ol' Rog coming back to Dublin.

tix on sale next thursday.

You just know this isn't gonna be cheap

no mention of price at all... bit of an oversight.

ROGER WATERS

US + THEM

3Arena DUBLIN

26 June 2018

TICKETS ON SALE THURSDAY 12 OCTOBER AT 9AM

THE CREATIVE GENIUS OF PINK FLOYD

LAUNCHING NEW GROUNDBREAKING TOUR

Featuring classic Pink Floyd, some new songs and solo work,

the tour is set for Europe in 2018

# # # # #

Roger Waters will return to Europe in 2018 with a pioneering new tour, Us + Them, featuring classic Pink Floyd, some new songs and solo work. The European Tour will include a date at Dublin’s 3Arena on 26 June. Tickets go on sale Thursday 12 October at 9am from all usual outlets.

Roger Waters – Us + Them will showcase highlights from Waters’ groundbreaking body of work, with songs from Pink Floyd’s greatest albums (Wish You Were Here, The Wall, Animals, Dark Side of The Moon), along with songs from his critically acclaimed new album “Is This the Life We Really Want?,”.

The tour title is derived from the 1974 track “Us And Them,” from the multi-million selling Pink Floyd album The Dark Side of the Moon.

“We are going to take a new show on the road,” said Roger Waters. “It’ll be a mixture of stuff from my long career, stuff from my years with Pink Floyd, some new things. Probably 80% of it will be old material and 20% will be new, but it will be all connected by a general theme. It will be a cool show, I promise you. It’ll be spectacular like all my shows have been.”

Roger Waters’ legendary live performances are renowned as immersive sensory experiences featuring high class, state-of-the-art audio visual production and breathtaking quad sound. This new tour promises to be no exception, following months of meticulous planning and visionary craft, it will inspire crowds with its powerful delivery to take the audience on a musical journey.

Roger Waters – Us + Them marks the artist's first European tour since The Wall Live (2010-2013), his sold-out world tour which was seen by more than 4 million fans globally at 219 shows and remains the highest grossing tour by any solo artist in history.

www.rogerwaters.com

# # #

Tickets for ROGER WATERS live in Dublin go on sale Thursday 12 October at 9.00am from:-

All Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide

24hr Credit Card Bookings:-

0818 719300 (ROI)

0844 277 4455 (NI)

Book on line www.ticketmaster.ie

For more concert information check www.aikenpromotions.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back