Pink Floyd (1 Viewer)

that comes across much better live than the studio version on spotify. Nice song though.

Is Harry there? There's someone playing the piano who I can't make out. Or maybe Harry is only in the touring band?

Also, that's the girls from Lucius doing backing vocals. Curious to know if they're on the album..

it looks to be the Box set being sold off in bits. Like, the 1965-1967 Cambridge Sta/tion one is the first 2 CDs from the box set. Haven't checked the rest but I'm sure they follow suit.

This one is great. And though a bit pricey, it looks like you could get the whole box set for half the price if you buy these individually.
I listened to a couple of them on streaming. The 1971 one with the early version of "Echoes" and the BBC session is great. The first disc of the 1972 one is a chore though, luckily the Live at Pompeii material makes up disc two but I think I'd rather be watching it than just listening to the soundtrack.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was dreadful.

yeah, him. I think Harry lives in England whereas Roger seems to be in the US the whole time. Must look at the touring band. And, I hope to hell he comes here and doesn't play any Floyd stuff.

Pink Floyd news :: Brain Damage - Roger Waters: Us + Them Production Rehearsal, Meadowlands, May 21, 2017

Dreadful looking setlist there - nothing from Pros & Cons, Radio KAOS or Amused to Death. I'm still looking forward to the new album but this tour is starting to look pointless (unless he's holding back on the exciting stuff for the real gigs)

DBCEazFUQAEQBg6.jpg:small

I had a listen to Rog's new album last night, first impressions are good. It's full of reminders of his earlier career but not nearly as retro as I expected from the preview tracks, in fact it sounds very contemporary. Very lush but restrained and sorta minimal at the same time, nice melodies, good singing and best of all there's no big name lead guitarist widdling all over it. I don't think there's any guitar solo actually, unless there's on in Smell The Roses. It's all about the synths, instrumentally.

Last edited:
I had a listen to Rog's new album last night, first impressions are good. It's full of reminders of his earlier career but not nearly as retro as I expected from the preview tracks, in fact it sounds very contemporary. Very lush but restrained and sorta minimal at the same time, nice melodies, good singing and best of all there's no big name lead guitarist widdling all over it. I don't think there's any guitar solo actually, unless there's on in Smell The Roses. It's all about the synths, instrumental.
I'd never thought I'd say this but that actually sounds interesting.

I had a listen to Rog's new album last night, first impressions are good. It's full of reminders of his earlier career but not nearly as retro as I expected from the preview tracks, in fact it sounds very contemporary. Very lush but restrained and sorta minimal at the same time, nice melodies, good singing and best of all there's no big name lead guitarist widdling all over it. I don't think there's any guitar solo actually, unless there's on in Smell The Roses. It's all about the synths, instrumentally.
where'd you hear it? Is some site giving a preview?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back