Pink Floyd (5 Viewers)

I think most of it is probably familiar to people who've chased down bootlegs over the years. There's some stuff here I've never heard but not €500 worth. Still, it's all very cool

I just listened to Animals..Sheep is so fucking good..especially on the cans..the guitar is only bleeding magic

I'm gonna checkout that boxset

I've started listening to this new box set. Vegetable Man is great, and Scream Thy Last Scream. I had these tracks on a shite bootleg years ago but they sounded rubbish, they sound great now. I never new until right now that Nick Mason sang the lead vocal on Scream Thy Last Scream. Walk With Me Sydney is also a great tune, apparently Roger thinks it's rubbish.

There's some kind of 'early years' thing on spotify. I reckon that must be from this box set. Don't see anything there with Vegetable Man on it.

The version of Matilda Mother is amazing though. I presume thats Rick Wright on lead vocals? I never considered it really - - his voice isn't a million miles off GIlmours but he hadn't joined by then.

There's some kind of 'early years' thing on spotify. I reckon that must be from this box set. Don't see anything there with Vegetable Man on it.

The version of Matilda Mother is amazing though. I presume thats Rick Wright on lead vocals? I never considered it really - - his voice isn't a million miles off GIlmours but he hadn't joined by then.
There's a 2cd version that doesn't include a lot of the more desirable rarities and does include stuff from relics, obscured by clouds.

The lyrics of Matilda Mother are a bit ropey.

These ones are the ones I've never heard in any form before
  • In The Beechwoods
  • That sketchy Matilda Mother
  • Reaction in G
  • John Latham
  • Roger's Boogie
Seabirds seems to be Quicksilver, I've definitely heard it before anyway. Song 1 is also familiar. The Massed Gadgets of Hercules = Saucerful.

Ah here, I forget

These ones are the ones I've never heard in any form before
  • In The Beechwoods
  • That sketchy Matilda Mother
  • Reaction in G
  • John Latham
  • Roger's Boogie
Seabirds seems to be Quicksilver, I've definitely heard it before anyway. Song 1 is also familiar. The Massed Gadgets of Hercules = Saucerful.

Ah here, I forget
theres only 1 of those on the version I'm listening to. In the Beechwoods, and it sounded great. Very polished, like.

Listening to the 18-minute live version of Atom Heart Mother now. I thought it was gonna be like that version they showed on that BBC4 TV doc the other weekend but its not as 'guitary'. Not mad on it to be honest. I'd be a big fan of the album version though.

I'm not a fan of Atom Heart Mother at all. There's a good video of them playing it live with a choir and orchestra - that's quite good, I presume it's one of the eleven versions included in the box. Fat Old Sun is the only decent tune on the album.

This snippets of the new Roger Waters album sound promising

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Kinda shamelessly 70s sounding but that's probably better than trying to sound all contemporary

it looks to be the Box set being sold off in bits. Like, the 1965-1967 Cambridge Sta/tion one is the first 2 CDs from the box set. Haven't checked the rest but I'm sure they follow suit.

This one is great. And though a bit pricey, it looks like you could get the whole box set for half the price if you buy these individually.

I like this tune. The studio version he released seems like a collage of old pink floyd stuff but this live version sounds less like that, more like its own song. I hope he comes to Dublin with this tour

It's grand. First song since 1992 but really it wouldn't have been out of place on Amused to Death. Big into his string sections now is ol' Rog. Still loves the breaking glass effects too.

He's looking well, in fairness

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back