Ping Pong Presents: FAUST Live@ Spiegeltent, 21st June (1 Viewer)

plug

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
Ping Pong are ecstatic to announce the arrival to Cork's shores of the great survivors of rock n' roll. Since the bands formation in 1971, they have brought a spirit of freedom of musical expression and avant garde experimentalism to the rock n' roll table. To this day the band are making great music and pulling off mind blowing live shows.
As early experimenters with tape loops, studio trickery and an arsenal of home made instruments, Faust have often been sited as pioneers of electronica as well as rock. In short Faust changed the direction of popular music forever.
Now the two remaining original members have teamed up with ex members of Nurse with Wound and The Bad Seeds to tour before the release of their new album "Disconnected" in July of this year.
As well as continuing to make great music, their live show has to be seen and heard to be believed. Expect angle grinders, cement mixers, naked live painting (maybe) and some of the most visceral live music you'll ever hear. In the plush setting of the Spiegeltent, it will be unique and of course there will be a wonderful combination of wood, mirrors and angle grinder sparks.
This will be their first ever show in Cork and it is simply not to be missed!

Ya, Heff here. I'm hijacking plugs avatar somehow, but I was the other guy who saw em in Edingurgh years ago. Mind blowing show. Gonna need a large consignment of man nappies for this. Absolutely chuffed. Tics should go online in the next couple of weeks through Midsummer Festival site

which faction of faust? name names

Ping Pong are ecstatic to announce the arrival to Cork's shores of the great survivors of rock n' roll. Since the bands formation in 1971, they have brought a spirit of freedom of musical expression and avant garde experimentalism to the rock n' roll table. To this day the band are making great music and pulling off mind blowing live shows.
As early experimenters with tape loops, studio trickery and an arsenal of home made instruments, Faust have often been sited as pioneers of electronica as well as rock. In short Faust changed the direction of popular music forever.
Now the two remaining original members have teamed up with ex members of Nurse with Wound and The Bad Seeds to tour before the release of their new album "Disconnected" in July of this year.
As well as continuing to make great music, their live show has to be seen and heard to be believed. Expect angle grinders, cement mixers, naked live painting (maybe) and some of the most visceral live music you'll ever hear. In the plush setting of the Spiegeltent, it will be unique and of course there will be a wonderful combination of wood, mirrors and angle grinder sparks.
This will be their first ever show in Cork and it is simply not to be missed!

... before the release of their new album "Disconnected" in July of this year
hasn't this been out for a few months now? or is it getting a new release or something?

should be amazing. i'll have to cancel my stonehenge summer solstice plans now ...
_42408268_solstice4_getty07.jpg

Yep, it's Zappi, JHP, James Johnson and something Potter, forget his first name. Says on their site the album isn't out til July. I haven't seen it around

fair play gents. i know ye been trying for ages.
does this mean Heff is going to keep his promise and explode once the gig is over :)
he was texting me yesterday trying to get me to cancel the trip to see MBV. for this i'm seriously gonna have to think twice. once again bizzo gents :cool:

Cheers Mici, why don't you come down and watch me explode. Given the choice between seeing the two bunches of old farts I'd be siding with the krauts....cmon....you have to see/gear the cement mixer in action

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back