Pilates (1 Viewer)

Psychotic no 2

Can anybody recommend a pilates place in Dublin that would be fairly central and starting relatively soon after work from 5pm onwards?
My back is fucked. :(

i've a friend who goes to pilates classes in the ywca. keep meaning to go, but haven't got around to it yet.

maybe. i can lift a twelve stone man for three seconds, so things are looking promising for you.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Can anybody recommend a pilates place in Dublin that would be fairly central and starting relatively soon after work from 5pm onwards?
Dunno about pilates but the Daydream spa in Terenure have a sports and physio masseuse and it's only €40 a session. And no I haven't been yet, despite promising myself since September...

Catwoman said:
Dunno about pilates but the Daydream spa in Terenure have a sports and physio masseuse and it's only €40 a session. And no I haven't been yet, despite promising myself since September...

Daydream spa eh? That sounds like my dream place. I went for a massage last week in this place in Sandycove and it was 45 quid and over in twenty minutes and I left feeling much the same as when I went in. I'm thinking of going to the sports injury person in Melt and getting a good going over. I'm going to have to take up some sort of posture/toning exercise though cos I sit in a chair all day and this problem has been getting worse for about ten months now. I suppose I had to start exercising at some point.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Daydream spa eh? That sounds like my dream place. I went for a massage last week in this place in Sandycove and it was 45 quid and over in twenty minutes and I left feeling much the same as when I went in. I'm thinking of going to the sports injury person in Melt and getting a good going over. I'm going to have to take up some sort of posture/toning exercise though cos I sit in a chair all day and this problem has been getting worse for about ten months now. I suppose I had to start exercising at some point.
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same - sat on me arse all day, poor posture and that.

I've had a few treatments in Daydream and I can recommend them, though they go a bit heavy with the sales pitch: 'Oh you must buy this cream which costs half a week's wages but if you think about it you'd spend that in the pub' and so on.

I went to a dude called Adam Bux in Dundrum. He used to go on tour with Therapy? as their personal yoga/masseuse/guru. I practically crawled into the place, but came out skipping while whistling Teethgrinder. Pretty cheap too if I remember...

Images%5C70_s-Pirates.gif

4-great-pirates.jpg

Psychotic no 2 said:

the elbowroom in stoneybatter does pilates classes, and there's a class on monday around the same time as my yoga one (6.30). i dunno what the pilates teachers are like, but it's a nice place - a friend of mine runs it.

Hello, hope this helps, cause it's free -

For the office, do what the office safety dude says, you know, proper chair, feet flat on the ground, knees at 90 degrees, sit for no longer than an hour at a time. all that.

now that the damage is done, do the follow:
- run. playing football once or twice a week is gangbusters.
- do sit-up/crunches (most of the support for your spine comes from the abdominal muscles)
- stretch.
- if you actively hurt your back doing anything, don't rest too much. it's better to be exercising. unless you slip a disc of course.
- to get the correct posture while standing: stand with feet shoulder width apart (stand on a willing midget or child for correct distance), relax generally, then raise your arms above your head, stretching them directly up, raise your chin slightly, so it is parallel to the ground, then drop your arms without changing anything else. repeat evey hour. Embarrassing, but think, I had to do this in the middle of school. hurray.

I had to do the physio thing for several months in the mid-teen years, despite being very active. Mostly this involved a groteque number of sit-ups. Good things to do would be walk home, or get off the bus earlier and walk the rest of the way. Do the simple exercises everyone knows while watching telly. 3 times a week for that is enough, with a break for the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back