Pickups (1 Viewer)

What kinda direction are you thinking? What do you not like about the ones in it?

I love a P90 in the neck of an SG. You want a fairly hot one to match output of a bridge bucker. Amdusias Devices are making some amazing pickups up in Belfast. Well worth a look.

What kinda direction are you thinking? What do you not like about the ones in it?

Sorry meant to get back to this earlier. I'd kind of like something that would give a decent bluesy rock sound which I know probably sounds horrendous.

At the moment, the sound for the mids and high end is pretty bad. As in, it doesn't sound all that well defined.

Everyday's a school day. I never heard about Fenders Wide Range Humbuckers, until I drunk bought a squire telecaster and then started the proper research the next day.

Interesting though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I may as well hijack this thread. Sticking a P90 in an SG, any thoughts on that? Probably neck position.

best gift to any guitar with a bridge humbucker - every other neck humbucker will sound like you've cotton wool in your ears thereafter. are you looking for one of the humbucker sized ones? I bought a set of 'desert dew' of this character for a hollow body a few months ago. finally gave me the sound I was looking for. he makes some high output versions as well (and a more rawk oriented set as well)

Last edited:
best gift to any guitar with a bridge humbucker - every other neck humbucker will sound like you've cotton wool in your ears thereafter. are you looking for one of the humbucker sized ones? I bought a set of 'desert dew' of this character for a hollow body a few months ago. finally gave me the sound I was looking for. he makes some high output versions as well (and a more rawk oriented set as well)

jaysus - good advice 3 years late.
too early in the morning

Last edited:
does he specialize in pups for the heavier end of the spectrum??

might be looking for some tele pups in a while..

Not particularly at all. Just good pickups. He's done some custom stuff for myself David from Slomatics but neither of us are into high gain pickups at all. Just dark vintage spec stuff and P90s.

Not particularly at all. Just good pickups. He's done some custom stuff for myself David from Slomatics but neither of us are into high gain pickups at all. Just dark vintage spec stuff and P90s.

cool - I might hit him up - thinking of building another tele - perhaps with a neck p90

Tone Rider Pure vintage are great in the very affordable bracket. Lollars for the very expensive bracket. Amdusias for some Irish made very reasonable ones.

Tone Rider Pure vintage are great in the very affordable bracket. Lollars for the very expensive bracket. Amdusias for some Irish made very reasonable ones.

I got the 'sliver' set from this punter - he eschews the vintage correct gubbins (cloth wire etc) that a lot of people obsess over but they are a really nice set.

I stuck a baseplate on the bridge one I have to fatten it a bit, but the neck and middle ones are really lovely pickups.

on thing that would be against him if you're just dropping one in, is the fact that the shielded wire he uses isn't ideal if you need to swicth phase. (Although I've set up series switching on my set and they are grand)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back