photo walk/sociable photography (1 Viewer)

carbide

stealing the idea from flickr groups: meeting up somewhere to walk (or, fuck it, meander around the same place) for a few hours, take photos, and then go for a drink and compare notes and/or upload the results to something like a flickr pool. could be somewhere kind of obvious like the botanic gardens, or somewhere a bit more varied in possible subjects.

(i haven't done a photo walk so i might be getting the concept wrong, correct away.)

i think it'd be fun to see what people spot when faced with the same things as you, and i know i could learn from it too.

any interest in doing this some time?

if anyone fancies it, suggest a place or two, maybe?

the luas route from kylemore to red cow (poxy warehouses, portacabin shantytown), and meath street/the coombe are two places i've been planning to head anyway, and my photographic interests tend to be architecture/signage/colour/port/industrial/urban sort of stuff. but i'd be interested in trying anywhere for this, really.

Depending on when it is, I may be about, not sure about taking pictures with a load of other people. What it's like?

Depending on when it is, I may be about, not sure about taking pictures with a load of other people. What it's like?

that's what i'm wondering. figure it's worth trying, to see.

how does sunday 27th sound?

what might be a cool place is up by Kilternan /Stepaside direction there are these mines, near The Scalp.
There is a Dublin bus that goes out past them, I forget the number, but its deadly out there. Tons of interesting photos can be taken, abandoned old mine works, The Scalp, nice views... the last time I was out there wandering about there were one or two huge black pigs hanging around. Massive big hairy animals so they are.

Anyway. Yeah. The old lead mines. Yay.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/303597
303597_6b13310d.jpg

edit ... the South Wall is another good one. Out past The Pigeon house there, past the reclaimed land.

I'd love to, but I'll be off Foreign at the time. Unless the date has changed?

suggest one, if you like? i don't mind, anyway.

(i'm off to sunnyish barcelona for the rest of the week, so expect the kind of ominous silence from me that's looming over the thread generally.)

going up to the scalp would leave you at the mercy of the weather. and i assume it's the 44 bus; that's the one which goes to enniskerry.

I'd be up for it. the 27th sounds good. well weather inireland in general is shit think you'd have realised that by now so.... if you think its going to rain bring a raincoat. and a small umbrealla for your camera oh and use your brain you muppet. them mines look deadly im going to go up ther one of the days defo. been to enniskerry before its lovely there. in anyways somewhere outside dublin as there are too many places you can compare your photos to better somewhere a little outside the city centre. i dont mind where if we are in a group it will feel much safer when your out and about with your camera so a lot of places that you would have crossed off for being shitholes are now open to us. its somrthing to really take into consideration. seriously

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back