PHILIP GLASS - SOLO PIANO, NATIONAL CONCERT HALL, JUNE 22 (1 Viewer)

I was in the cheap seats and the sound was a bit muddy in parts (especially the Ginsberg) but I wouldn't say the sound was shite. Well worth my 15 euro. I envied Squiggle's and I is John's seats. ;)

The Ginsberg was a little loud in places, even in the posh seats ;) We mostly go for the front of the stalls because of the length of Mr Squiggle's legs, he doesn't like cramped. Nice to have a good view of the keyboard and the fingers making the music too.

The Ginsberg was a little loud in places, even in the posh seats ;) We mostly go for the front of the stalls because of the length of Mr Squiggle's legs, he doesn't like cramped. Nice to have a good view of the keyboard and the fingers making the music too.

Yeah, from above I could luckily see his hands too. I love the one key low notes.

Me and my friend were in the rich seats rattling our jewellery at the end

I didn't realise it was amplified at all. I was sitting in the green balcony, just over the edge of the stage, and the sound all seemed to be coming from the piano itself, not from the speakers overhead. I thought it sounded great.

I didn't realise it was amplified at all. I was sitting in the green balcony, just over the edge of the stage, and the sound all seemed to be coming from the piano itself, not from the speakers overhead. I thought it sounded great.

I wouldn't say he was amplifying it too much. Just a little push. The sound reflects off the lid of those piano and into the audience so you really want to be out front. Although the view from the choir balcony of the keyboard must have been great.

I wouldn't say he was amplifying it too much. Just a little push. The sound reflects off the lid of those piano and into the audience so you really want to be out front. Although the view from the choir balcony of the keyboard must have been great.

It really was,great to have the elevated view of his hands.It definitely could have done with a little volume though,but then again,we were only really getting the four speakers intended as choir monitors,all in all it was class though,some hypnotic moments

I was in the posh seats and the sound was flawless except for Ginsberg who was a little muddy, but audible.

Well done to Foggy - people write Dublin off as a cultureless pit of drunken stupidity, but it was nice to see so many young hip cats at the concert hall for once. It was like the Thumped school tour.

I knew the piano pieces a bit and thought the concert would get a bit samey, but it seemed to fly by. His left hand plays this rumble that basically says 'This song - copyright Philip Glass'; his right hand plays whatever the song is. Some of the melodies had the feel of "this coulda been a pop classic in other hands, but I'm happy underusing it because I have loads of stuff this good".

Also - what a nice guy.

Really enjoyed it. €15 was an absolute bargain. Had a perfect view of him playing from the front of the choir balcony. Don't get to the NCH often enough, so was a real treat.

Really enjoyed it too.. I thought that there would be a lot of stuff I don't really know, from Einstein on the Beach and Satyagraha, but it was mostly familiar, except for the Etudes.. hearing the Metamorphosis pieces, Mad Rush and Wichita Sutra Vortex.. ahhhhh :) And cheaper than most punk gigs for the lack of booze :)

You don't count, you're FROM MY PAST

that is to say, I already knew you

I'm going to the Whale Watching Tour here in September. With the talk of muddy sound on here, I wonder how the NCH acoustics will handle the 'extreme volume' of Ben Frost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back