Phantom FM to rebrand as K-Roq (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 4
Okay this might be harsh but I can thank Phantom for one thing, soundtracking my piss poor mood this year. It's like when I was stuck in hospital for over a week a few years ago. People brought me movies, books and my ipod. I never wanted to absorb any of it despite being bored outta my mind because I would always associate it with being trapped there. Phantom provided me with the perfect soundtrack of things I would never want to hear again. It's all merged together into some passionpitgoytedjangodjango background noise. Thanks Phantom, now I'll take a walk.... ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

same thing for me.only it was the theme tune to Trumpton,back when I was trying to kick the gripe water

I only ever listened to Phantom a few summers back in work, it was fucking awful. Sex On Fire followed by some dross about some film followed by Sex On Fire, then Oasis, then Bell-X 1, then Sex On Fire, then Use Somebody then inane banter, then Human, then Sex On Fire. It was kinda like someone with the Shine compilations then mindless witless witterings. Fucking awful. It's that long ago but I remember when pirate Phantom seemed like essential listening. It was surely partially being younger you were exposed to less, but they seemed to play geniunely off the wall stuff when it was a pirate station? Or am I imagining things? Most radio is absolute fucking dross. There's a few shows on local stations and some daycent bits and bobs on Lyric but really why is radio so bad and who the fuck listens by choice to Phantom/2FM/FM104/98FM etc? Plus, internet.

It's not so much that the guy has an English accent, more that he sounds so fucking arkward on the radio.

When I lived there they had Charlotte (Sharlah) on in the mornings as Richie's laugh track and then some guy on most of Saturday.

Someone else too.

Way too much for my obstinate ears.

richie mccormack leaving the morning show now as well. but i thought it was awful anyway.
"Next week is going to be my last presenting Pure Morning on @phantom1052. 100% my call too. Meself & @michelledohrty are going out in shtyle"

on the alison curtis show today they played the Taffin clip from adam & joe. they gave adam & joe credit for it after, but it still felt like very cheap radio.

must be a shit place to work at the minute.

A degree in computer forensics is required to find Phantoms Irish music show Icon on their website.

That is indicative.

pearl had a good introduction to her last show.
'in the next hour, we have kings of leon and florence... wait, no, that's next week...'

I'll never understand why radio in this country is so scared to support Irish bands.
If you look at Phantoms top ten Irish artists playlist, almost every week U2 is in there. You can guess the rest.

More often than not I've heard something I've worked on being played on BBC 6music and have never heard it on an Irish station. I think 'oh cool!' and then get angry that 90% of the time, unless you're on a major label, or subsidiary, there's little chance getting airplay in this country, bar some niche slot at night.....or online station.
Granted 6music is a digital station, but it does have a much larger audience than any Irish station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back