• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Any tips? Moving there start of feb, turns out flights from SE Asia to perth are half the price of anywhere else on oz. Any and all advice appreciated.

Perth as you will see, is beautiful BUT boring.
It really is a quieter life than Melbourne or any of the East Coast but may be exactly what youre looking for.
In my mind Fremantle about 40 minutes down the railway is a much cooler, nicer part of the West Coast. It's kinda Perth anyway but don't let a Freo resident hear you say that. Cool breweries and cafes and shops in Freo AND its Bon Scott city.

My 2 cents anyway, how come you're STILL out there? Flew back from Colombia couple of weeks ago into this mess of a country

Mate of mine just moved there.
I think Freemantle is where he's looking at getting a place.

The breweries were mentioned.

how are you doing this? what kinda visa have you?
Second working holiday visa. Thank you dept of immigration for being fooled into thinking a roadhouse was fruitpicking...

Cheers shaney, quieter nicer spot sounds nice but i need to see some gigs. Other than one festival and two short tours with US bands this october, ive barely seen a gig in twelve months! Ballsed that RATM are playing a few days before we get back though. FUXACHE!! As for getting away from the east coast - fuck yeah! Itll be nice to be somewhere not crawling with backpackers, as was my experience with sydney and brizvegas.

I think I'm gonna try crawl down from Broome to Perth come Winter time... any other West coast hints and recommends folks?

Are you living in Broome now Aoife? My sister has lived there for the past 2 1/2 years?

Your sis is there! It's supposed to be beautiful. Nah I'm still in Melbourne, but I *was* thinking of going up there before I head home, but as it turns out, Australia is too enormous for me to do everything i want so I may not get to go there, which is a shame.

PS: I'm still alive.

It was insane here on Saturday. Apocalyptic. Dirt in the air, brown skies, deserted streets. Winds so hot it felt like the angels opened an over on your face. All this coupled with terrifying and tragic news coverage of the fires in North Melbourne. Jeebus.

Loved Perth and Fremantle, especially Fremantle...god, the women.

One of the best locations to view female Earthlings.

So, been in perth now for about two days. The city is indeed nice but beautiful. Was out in fremantle for the day today, really nice spot, would love to live there, but... From asking other backpackers we met in shops, there are NO jobs in fremantle (one fella was working 3 jobs with a total of 20 hours a week!) and perth is much the same, loads of people in our hostel who've been here a month but only worked about a week. Nobody i've met has a stable job. So... back to the roadhouses for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back