Personal finances and budgeting (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
I know someone that did this recently. Paid off their mortgage and dropped their office job they hated, and took up a charity job they loved for about 1/4 of the salary.
They claim to be infinitely more happy.

That's the dream but lump sum not enough to buy a property that wouldn't need more money sunk into it to make it liveable...at least, not in Ireland.

ann post

Supporter
Threads
more a minor complaint but one thing my budget has taught me is that about 60% of my annual bills are due over a two month period, suspect it'll take about two years two smoothe that one out.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
Top tip for those using a spreadsheet to track their budgets
You can hotlink all your utility and bank and credit card accounts on the sheet to their various webpages - so it's a quick click to check anything you need

Obviously I'm assuming everyone shares my mania for spreadsheets and never paying interest on a credit card

1579880821261.png

jonah

Threads
Ive managed to get to 31 without ever owning a credit card that isn't paid off by jeff b.

sleepy

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Top tip for those using a spreadsheet to track their budgets
You can hotlink all your utility and bank and credit card accounts on the sheet to their various webpages - so it's a quick click to check anything you need

Obviously I'm assuming everyone shares my mania for spreadsheets and never paying interest on a credit card
I don't use a spreadsheet or anything for keeping track of finances but 1 thing I did do recently was getting a Revolut card. I've set up a standing order to it so that a limited amount of money goes on to it every week for personal spending and my main bank account is then just used for bills etc. and is never touched by myself. I find it easier to keep track of things that way.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
I don't use a spreadsheet or anything for keeping track of finances but 1 thing I did do recently was getting a Revolut card. I've set up a standing order to it so that a limited amount of money goes on to it every week for personal spending and my main bank account is then just used for bills etc. and is never touched by myself. I find it easier to keep track of things that way.
Me too
I have a savings account that receives a direct deposit every week and it is only for paying the mortgage - nothing else

I like your idea of having a set allowance for spending money. It does focus the mind.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads