Personal finances and budgeting (1 Viewer)

I know someone that did this recently. Paid off their mortgage and dropped their office job they hated, and took up a charity job they loved for about 1/4 of the salary.
They claim to be infinitely more happy.

That's the dream but lump sum not enough to buy a property that wouldn't need more money sunk into it to make it liveable...at least, not in Ireland.

more a minor complaint but one thing my budget has taught me is that about 60% of my annual bills are due over a two month period, suspect it'll take about two years two smoothe that one out.

Top tip for those using a spreadsheet to track their budgets
You can hotlink all your utility and bank and credit card accounts on the sheet to their various webpages - so it's a quick click to check anything you need

Obviously I'm assuming everyone shares my mania for spreadsheets and never paying interest on a credit card

1579880821261.png

Ive managed to get to 31 without ever owning a credit card that isn't paid off by jeff b.

Top tip for those using a spreadsheet to track their budgets
You can hotlink all your utility and bank and credit card accounts on the sheet to their various webpages - so it's a quick click to check anything you need

Obviously I'm assuming everyone shares my mania for spreadsheets and never paying interest on a credit card

I don't use a spreadsheet or anything for keeping track of finances but 1 thing I did do recently was getting a Revolut card. I've set up a standing order to it so that a limited amount of money goes on to it every week for personal spending and my main bank account is then just used for bills etc. and is never touched by myself. I find it easier to keep track of things that way.

I don't use a spreadsheet or anything for keeping track of finances but 1 thing I did do recently was getting a Revolut card. I've set up a standing order to it so that a limited amount of money goes on to it every week for personal spending and my main bank account is then just used for bills etc. and is never touched by myself. I find it easier to keep track of things that way.
Me too
I have a savings account that receives a direct deposit every week and it is only for paying the mortgage - nothing else

I like your idea of having a set allowance for spending money. It does focus the mind.

just going though our bills and lol that our electricity per unit cost has more than doubled in the past two years.

Gimme that 200 quid!

You know what'd be great? Tidal power. Nuclear power. Fucking solar power why not. Free energy, what a concept.

i've been tracking our electricty & gas bills and the unit rate changes are mental

we just finished our contract a couple of days ago and i switched to electric ireland - even with this price increase they're still third cheapest overall but i think #1 (airtricity) and #2 (iberdrola?) are due a price bump soon - airtricity increased their norn iron prices by THIRTY NINE PERCENT about a month ago....

Some friends in the UK appear to have gotten away with about two months free energy when their company and the company that came after it both went bankrupt. Not sure if someone will still be chasing them for the money or what at this stage.

But sure, we have to be having markets, there is no other system.

The calculator on bonkers.ie is handy. You just need to know how many kWh you used in the last 12 months

just going though our bills and lol that our electricity per unit cost has more than doubled in the past two years.

Gimme that 200 quid!

You know what'd be great? Tidal power. Nuclear power. Fucking solar power why not. Free energy, what a concept.
You know you can heat your house with peat from...

Gimme that 200 quid!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back