Performance (1 Viewer)

only a very shitty query would cause that. So could be a sign of a DDOS. Maybe boards dot ie are trying to sabotage.

if its running in a jvm and that jvm only has a max of 5GB heap assigned to it, it will tank rather than use the free memory on the system.
Mysql (well, MariaDB) is Just another system process on here. If I got enough concurrent connections and enough slow queries it could peak but realistically I’d imagine something else would fail long before the database started to complain, ha.

Mysql (well, MariaDB) is Just another system process on here. If I got enough concurrent connections and enough slow queries it could peak but realistically I’d imagine something else would fail long before the database started to complain, ha.
Aye, true.

Is it a system process controlled by systemd? Any chance of another htop screenshot?

Btw what outstanding issues are there? Performance has seemed pretty good to me.

Aye, true.

Is it a system process controlled by systemd? Any chance of another htop screenshot?

Btw what outstanding issues are there? Performance has seemed pretty good to me.
Yeah it’s calmed down now. I bumped the number of php-fpm Max Children ("The number of PHP-FPM processes to spawn to process PHP code for web server requests") from the default of 5 to 20 so instead of it maxing out and hanging when the previous Max Requests ("Controls how many requests are served by a process (Max Children) before killing and spawning a new process." - default is 20) x Max Children limit of 100 is hit it should now last until 400 (20 children x 20 processes).

The only outstanding issue/problem is i the fact still don't know what caused this change in behaviour.

But on a more positive note this has all made me go back and fix a ton of stuff i'd been ignoring.

1653556044589.png

[OK] Maximum reached memory usage: 13.7G (58.77% of installed RAM)
[!!] Maximum possible memory usage: 45.0G (192.58% of installed RAM)
[!!] Overall possible memory usage with other process exceeded memory

Last edited:
@scutter you might find this interesting. i've just restarted the database server (a few times heh) so might not be representative

1653560898217.png

@scutter you might find this interesting. i've just restarted the database server (a few times heh) so might not be representative

View attachment 15731

guessing the relative spikes are due to the restarts then.

nothing jumping out at me that might signify a problem. Obviously those slow queries warrant further investigation but other than that, the mystery remains.

hmm can anyone spot when I upgraded MariaDB?

View attachment 17567
ok, more notes to Future Me

mariadb looked like it was effectively idling at 25% CPU use, but it wasn't "idle" there were just no long running queries in the process list.

netstat -n showed dozens and dozens of connections from 127.0.0.1:$portnumbers to 127.0.0.1:3306, so SOMETHING on the server was connecting to the DB multiple times a second. and through a process of eilimination it was... Rebecca Vardy PHP

turns out that configuring applications to establish database connections to "127.0.0.1" and not "localhost" causes this. I've changed the forum config and mariadb CPU use has already halved.

who knew?

now to find the other culprits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back