Performance (1 Viewer)

what was the source IP, as a matter of interest? or, were there multiple?

just happened to be reading this, this morning

but, given that resources seem fine on the underlying system, its unlikely to be DDOS. But, still seems unusual
oh tons of random IPs. Yeah it's not an actual DDOS by design, but the cumulative effect of some joker running exploit scanners might be enough to tip things over. Cloudflare normally blocks a ton of that shit, but like i said they're hitting the IPs directly so it's all on mod_security and CSF to block. I was just thinking that it was just enough traffic to bog down Apache. I've Nginx sitting in front of Apache and that's holding up just fine.

i've had to open up the server IPs again now because some legit traffic was getting caught. Balls.

i don't have a paid Datadog account so there's no log parsing/event correlations available which is a bit of pain as it means i've to manually trawl through multiple log files looking for... something? at east i've some timestamps to start with anyway.
actually it is available in the free tier, you just need to be bit patient for the logs to start appearing. Very helpful.

Anyway the important thing is that the site's been up and stable all day so it looks like my band-aid fix is working. Obvious downside is i haven't actually figured out the cause yet.

Oh and I’m still working on things so there may be little hiccups here and there.

Although it’s been great for getting me to go back and fix/finish things i never got around to.

Just noticed earlier that the max possible database server memory allocation is 192% of what’s actually available. That could be unfortunate.

Anyway the important thing is that the site's been up and stable all day so it looks like my band-aid fix is working. Obvious downside is i haven't actually figured out the cause yet.
Made it through the night. I think we’re good to go (server immediately catches fire)

Although it’s been great for getting me to go back and fix/finish things i never got around to.

Just noticed earlier that the max possible database server memory allocation is 192% of what’s actually available. That could be unfortunate.
those numbers could be misleading though. See if its aggregating all vCPUs, or if its 192% of all vCPUs combined.

so its running at 192% of allocated memory, but there is lots of free memory on the system?
No it *potentially* could try to use that much, depending on load. Highly unlikely that would ever happen. Normally uses about 5gb ram but there’s 24gb available in total.

I’ve just miscalculated slightly with some of my memory limits and buffer sizes or maximum threads or whatever.

No it *potentially* could try to use that much, depending on load. Highly unlikely that would ever happen. Normally uses about 5gb ram but there’s 24gb available in total.
only a very shitty query would cause that. So could be a sign of a DDOS. Maybe boards dot ie are trying to sabotage.

if its running in a jvm and that jvm only has a max of 5GB heap assigned to it, it will tank rather than use the free memory on the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back