People Who Died (11 Viewers)

Really sad to hear about Mimi Parker. Besides Low being an excellent group (one of my favourites, and one that was still making great stuff in its 3rd decade), they've always come across as really lovely kind-hearted people.. she will really be missed.

not much else to add. Just shocked and I feel desperately sad for Alan and the rest of the family.

They were such a generous band, and I doubt theres another US band (if even any band) that I got to see live as often and I now sincerely regret not making the gig in April.

RIP Mimi

Mimi's death has served to remind me of the great connecting power of music. Yesterday evening after the news broke I saw an outpouring of sadness all over my online life; here, twitter, FB, insta stories, loads of posts about how sad they were because of her passing.

In a lot of ways I've felt myself drifting from people in the last couple of years, some by circumstance and life/world events, a few by deliberate choice but seeing so many people I know to varying degrees all over the world who were moved and uplifted by her life and work, some moved and uplifted by actually knowing her, who seemed genuinely upset by the news made me feel closer to them.

It's shit though, cancer is a terrible bastard.

Terrible news from the world of comics

Terrible news from the world of comics
loved his stuff, total comics genius

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
  • Deadmanposting
  • shitepipe
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back