People Who Died (10 Viewers)

Comics writer Alan Grant

Wonderful obituary from 2000AD today:

Terry Neill (1942 - 28 July 2022)
Terry was player and manager of both Arsenal and Northern Ireland. He also played for and managed Hull.
After winning 59 caps and being player manager of N.I. he managed Spurs for two years before heading back to Highbury for 7 years as Gunners manager working with coach Don Howe.
They reached a string of finals w/ Brady, MacDonald, Stapleton, O'Leary and Jennings on board but only managed one trophy the 1979 FA Cup with a memorable 3-2 win over Man Utd.
Terry left football in 1983 aged only 41 after being sacked by Arsenal.

Terry Neill (1942 - 28 July 2022)
Terry was player and manager of both Arsenal and Northern Ireland. He also played for and managed Hull.
After winning 59 caps and being player manager of N.I. he managed Spurs for two years before heading back to Highbury for 7 years as Gunners manager working with coach Don Howe.
They reached a string of finals w/ Brady, MacDonald, Stapleton, O'Leary and Jennings on board but only managed one trophy the 1979 FA Cup with a memorable 3-2 win over Man Utd.
Terry left football in 1983 aged only 41 after being sacked by Arsenal.
Anyone I knew from Hull fucking LOVED him

RIP

Roy Hackett
One interesting insight in the above article from 2020 is that Enoch Powell as health minister in the early 60s
actively encouraged West Indian doctors and nurses to emigrate to Britain.
Roy said he even attended a speech Powell gave in Jamaica!
He so impressed Jamaicans that they thought they would be welcome and have no problems finding work Britain.

Roy Hackett
One interesting insight in the above article from 2020 is that Enoch Powell as health minister in the early 60s
actively encouraged West Indian doctors and nurses to emigrate to Britain.
Roy said he even attended a speech Powell gave in Jamaica!
He so impressed Jamaicans that they thought they would be welcome and have no problems finding work Britain.
Makes sense

You can't have rivers of blood without bloody foreigners

Nicky Moore from Samson
Not a bad career. I never heard his Samson stuff, but I do recall this as it came on a flexidisc with Kerrang or one of those magazines

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Roger E. Mosley (1938 - 7 August 2022)
Roger played TC Calvin in Magnum P.I. (1980-88). He appeared in all 158 episodes but despite being a helicopter pilot in real life he wasn't allowed fly 'copters in the show.
Mosley first roles in the early 70's were mostly in Blaxploitation movies and he first worked with Tom Selleck on Terminal Island (1973). He also played Lead Belly and Sonny Liston and had a part in Roots: The Next Generations among many other roles.
Roger died several days after a car crash which had left him paralyzed.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back