People Who Died (16 Viewers)

Another Cahill. Sometimes collaborator with Martin Hayes, Denis Cahill. Saw them once years ago. Amazing. Live in Seattle a great live album

Only 68 :( Martin Hayes and Denis Cahill played one of the best gigs I was ever at in my life
Likewise. Dragged 3 friends to a gig of theirs in a small village in north cork years ago. I knew what I was in for to a certain extent having had the CDs etc and was still blown away. The 3 lads hadn’t a clue what to expect, probably just your run of the mill bit of trad. was great seeing their reaction afterwards - genuinely shocked at how amazing it was.

This is not anyone famous, just the Ma of a writer I liked, but i loved this joyous, smiling obituary

1656070733613.png
1656070745305.png

"She died before discovering what, is anything, she was afraid of"

We should all live so well.

Sonny Barger (1938 - 29 June 2022)
Long time Hell's Angels leader from late 50's onwards.
An extremely violent, anti leftist, pro Vietnam war, racist American nationalist, drug dealer and all round horrible prick.

Sonny Barger (1938 - 29 June 2022)
Long time Hell's Angels leader from late 50's onwards.
An extremely violent, anti leftist, pro Vietnam war, racist American nationalist, drug dealer and all round horrible prick.

I know people connected to the Dublin chapter. I wonder if I should send a mass card.

Ni Kuang (1935 - 3 July 2022)
His name didn't mean anything to me but his work did.
Ni Kuang fled Mao's China where he was responsible for drafting death sentences.
In Hong Kong he became a writer and co-wrote One Armed Swordsman, created Bruce Lee's character Chen Zhen in Fists Of Fury and was screen writer for the amazing Shaw Bros movie Inframan.
He also wrote many novels and seems to have been a godfather in the Chinese sci fi world.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RIP genius.

Another one of my neighbours. In her 80s, lovely lady.
I know two people who died in the last few days.
one was very sudden - he was in his late 50s. a really great guy.

the other, a woman born in 1921, was an aunt of Mick Foster (and Allen) who was still living alone at 100. she had a great life and was only ill this summer at the very end.

huh
An investigation into Naude’s murder is underway, and there's currently no suggestion that he was targeted because of his trophy hunting – a lucrative activity that remains legal in South Africa.
In February, to the frustration of wildlife groups, the South African government announced an increase in the quotas for the number of endangered elephants, black rhinos and leopards that hunters can kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back