People Who Died (23 Viewers)

I don't even know where to start with Lanegan. That news hit me hard last night. I fucking adored the man. He was talented as hell and his take-no-shit attitude was great. There was nothing remotely fake or false about him. He was hard as nails, from the school of hard knocks. Fighting, singing and shooting up heroin probably sums up his life for years.

I'd recommend his memoir, for anyone that hasn't read it. I didn't read his most recent book but thats going to be a great read too.

Watching him on twitter was a hoot too. He was volatile as hell and couldn't let anything go. My particular favourite spat was him calling out Liam Gallagher for the prick he is. Something along the lines of (I paraphrase), 'we're all junkies. Just because you took cocaine and I took heroin, doesn't make us any difference, and I'll kick your fucking head in you cowardly prick'. Wrote about him in the memoir too.

He played here a lot and getting tickets was almost an annual event. Its strange to think we won't have that chance again

RIP man.

I know him mainly from the time he was doing a lot with Queens of the Stone Age (saw him with them a couple of times) and Earth. Have a few of his solo CDs but never listened to Screaming Trees.

This is one of my favourite records ever. It was re-recorded for the qotsa record but this version is more Alain Johannes and Lanegan as far as i know, with the 'usual' desert sessions cast on backing. It's a little lighter and looser and spacier than the Dave Ghrol take. I'd a great time with Bubblegum too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it’s really shitty news, I feel terrible for everyone who knew the guy, who worked with him, who loved what he did. I feel particularly bad for hey colossus — they put out an amazing album in 2020, with lanegan as a guest vocalist on a couple of tracks. because of the pandemic they’ve basically not been able to tour the album at all, and now they’ll basically never be able to truly play it live. I think it gives an idea of the kind of guy lanegan was that he was totally willing to guest on the album of some more-or-less obscure noise-rock weirdos. I know he did a lot of collaborations and projects, but it always seemed like he was a guy who was truly following a wayward muse. the fact that he wound up living in killarney just made it all that bit more surreal.

I have that cunt Splunk on ignore but had to see what he was posting. Prick.
Ignore away dude but he was wrong with his dangerous crackpot Covid conspiracy theories about 5G albeit he has an about turn when he was at deaths door and practically begged to be saved by the vaccine. How many gullible fanboys of his refused the jab because of his retarded conspiracy theories? Maybe if he accepted the vaccine earlier and followed the science he'd still be here, RIP all the same..

PS hope you're not a Clapton fan!?

Last edited:
The Amazing Johnathan

1995 Canada looked mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back