People Who Died (9 Viewers)

MX-80 guitarist Bruce Anderson
MX-80 SOUND's 1977 debut LP doesn't like a record from that era at all.
without prompting I'd have it for a left field indie record from 15 years later?
there were some strange things happening in Indiana back then (Gulcher records etc) that never got the same recognition Ohio bands from the time did.

Greg Webster OHIO PLAYERS drummer from 1964-74
Heavily sampled drummer who played on their hit Funky Worm.
discogs page includes a long list of his sample credits:
OHIO PLAYERS - Funky Worm (1972) the synths on this created 1990's G-Funk
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Francisco 'Paco' Gento (1933 -18 January 2022)
Cantrabian born left winger Paco Gento won a record 6 European Cups with Real Madrid (1956-60 and 1966).
He also won 12 Liga Championships and two Copas.
In 600 matches (1953-71) he scored 182 goals for Real.
After 1966 Real went 32 years with being European Champs.

Gento won 43 caps scoring 5 times (1955-69) and played in the 1962 and '66 World Cups.
But he won no caps in 1964 and '65 and missed Spain's 1964 Euros victory at the Bernabeu.

Paco Gento was the first of a football (and basketball) dynasty the included two younger brothers, nephews and his grandson Marcos Llorente (b. 1995). Spanish international Marcos started with Real but now plays with Atletico Madrid.

Occurred to me the other day; with Ronnie passing as well, The Detroit Cobras doing an old Ronettes number

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Peter Robinson's role as Chief Executive at Liverpool was crucial as signing players from small clubs was the basis of the whole Anfield machine e.g. Hughes, Clemence, Keegan, Toshack, Neal, Whelan, Rush, Nicol, Grobbelaar...

two other football deaths today:
Hans-Jurgen Dorner (1951 - 19 January 2022)
East Germany and Dynamo Dresden sweeper Dorner was one of the DDR's greatest players winning 96 caps.
He was 5 times an Oberliga Champion but was done out of five more titles by those Dynamo Berlin cheats who were under the patronage of the Stasi whose boss was a big football fan.

Nils Arne Eggen (1941 - 19 January 2022)
Until the 1990's Norway was a football backwater and their league was barely better than LOI level.
Eggen turned the Trondheim club Rosenborg from local under achievers into a European football power who won 11 straight titles and became regulars in the Champions League. In total Eggen won 17 Norwegian Championships as a player and manager.

Last edited:
God forgive me for speaking ill of the dead, but I saw Meatloaf at Féile 90 and it was the worst headline gig I ever saw in my life.

Was always kinda fond of the guy after seeing him on the late late though. I'm sure he did other gigs that were better - for example the legendary Moate show Meat Loaf, a flying wheelchair, and the greatest story ever told

Users who are viewing this thread

• pavlos
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back