People Who Died (4 Viewers)

Ray Kennedy (1951 - 30 November 2021)
Ray had Parkinson's for at least 40 years.
hailing from the north east Ray was a 1971 double winning striker at Arsenal before before joining Liverpool in 1974 as the final signing of Bill Shankly who resigned shortly after.
a lack of opportunities up front led to Ray switching to left midfield with great success and by the time he left Anfield in 1982 he won 3 European Cups , a UEFA Cup and 5 more League titles.

however Ray was rarely selected for England earning just 17 caps.

a move to Swansea in 1982 went surprisingly poorly and Parkinson's was diagnosed.

after football Ray had a tough life. He was a self confessed abusive huband and his long suffering wife left. Ray was left needing help from charity and sometimes suffered extreme side affects from heavy medication. Liverpool team mate Jimmy Case remained his closest friend from football.

Ray's most important goal for Liverpool was v Bayern in the second leg of the 1981 European Cup Final
which put an injury hit LFC 1-0 up in the tie with just minutes left @8:25.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

lots more goals for LFC:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Horst Eckel (1932 - 3 December 2021)
Kaiserslautern midfielder who won 32 caps and was last survivor of 1954 World Cup Final where West Germany came back from 2-0 down to beat Hungary. 3-2.

Momcilo Vukotic (1950 - 3 December 2021)
Partizan Belgrade great who also played for Bordeaux and Yugoslavia as an attacking midfielder inc. at Euro 1976 on home turf.
neither player I was familiar with TBH

Robbie Shakespeare of Sly & Robbie fame has died today aged 68.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back