People Who Died (5 Viewers)

Someone from Galicia told me recently that The Chieftains, were very popular with the trad scene there.
Carlos Nunez a key player in their scene was a long time comrade of Paddy and the lads.
The Chieftains had performed in Galicia with local musicians joining them onstage and a lot of Galician folk music has connections with Irish music.
Milladoiro in particular are a similar ensemble to The Chieftains

I only just heard about the circumstances of this now
Agnes Tirop was one of Kenya's best runners. She was 4th in the 5000m in the recent Tokyo Olympics, was a cross country World Champion at 19 and was twice a 10,000m bronze medalist at the track Worlds.
The 25 year old was found stabbed to death in home and her husband, a suspect, has disappeared.

sorry I'm not Homer Simpson.
was it technically not an 'explosion' or was only part of the plant affected or something else?
or has your sense of humour gone over my head yet again?
Bryukhanov allegedly saw the fucking 1000 tons of concrete that sits on top of the reactor had been blown away, and somehow deduced that the cores were fine. When The Party called him up to ask him what the craic was, he told them everything was totally fine, no disaster here.

So he was a bit optimistic with the truth. But, it's Russian truth, which I've learned is different.

Watch the mini-series, it's fuckin class
I watched it with someone who grew up that side of the Iron Curtain. She was saying that the chairs were correct, the phones were correct, the shoes, the glasses frames, the little things sitting on the counter all were correct.

Like, the level of correctness was starting to make her feel uncomfortable. I read someone saying that "the colour of the air was right".

Basically whoever did props on that thing slayed.

I watched it with someone who grew up that side of the Iron Curtain. She was saying that the chairs were correct, the phones were correct, the shoes, the glasses frames, the little things sitting on the counter all were correct.

Like, the level of correctness was starting to make her feel uncomfortable. I read someone saying that "the colour of the air was right".

Basically whoever did props on that thing slayed.
It’s strange that they took such care on recreating the physical objects but then fabricated the story so much. I mean, it was amazing TV, but you’d kind of hope that they would stick closer to the reality too.

It’s strange that they took such care on recreating the physical objects but then fabricated the story so much. I mean, it was amazing TV, but you’d kind of hope that they would stick closer to the reality too.

woah... ok, scrolled as far as the actors. They did a decent enough job with the casting from the perspective of looks.

Paul Ritter and Con O'Neill... damn.

I didn't go through everything here, but, like, the "no" ones are tending towards the picky.

Is radiation really like "a bullet"?
No. We're told this by Jared Harris's character, scientist Valery Legasov, who says that radiation is like "a bullet" and Chernobyl is like "three trillion bullets in the air, water and food... that won't stop firing for 50,000 years." It appears that science has once again gone out the window in favor of dramatization. The series is again attempting to weaponize the radiation to remind us of warfare.

Radiation isn't like a bullet. If it were, we'd all be dead since we're constantly being shot by radiation bullets from cosmic rays that strike the Earth from outer space. Some of the people living at higher elevations, who are exposed to the most bullets, like residents of Colorado, actually live longer.

I meannnn, I guess. It's not like literal bullets. OK. Fair enough. The general idea was there was invisible harm emanating from the site, and this will keep going on for a while.

Reading more about "Ulana Khomyuk : Fiction", seemingly they wanted to consolidate lots of scientists. It wasn't one person. They agonized a bit of that, and decided to squash multiple people into one for dramatic effect.

Seems like Legasov might not have been exactly that shouty, but he was a hard case.

I dunno. I'll give it a "close enough".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back