People Who Died (15 Viewers)

richard h kirk

while I've paid very little attention to anything Richard H. Kirk has done since, the first decade of Cabaret Voltaire is some of the greatest music I've ever heard. it's a terrible shock to hear one of the living legends is gone.
RIP R.H.K.

Cabaret Voltaire - The Living Legends (1990 comp. of 1978-81 material)
Kirk's wonderful guitar playing through his Chris Watson designed effects box sounds like no one else.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ground zero for Sheffield becoming world renowned for electronic music

Cabaret Voltaire - The Living Legends (1990 comp. of 1978-81 material)
Kirk's wonderful guitar playing through his Chris Watson designed effects box sounds like no one else.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ground zero for Sheffield becoming world renowned for electronic music

Ive never heard this. Its good . Reminds me of my cassette 4 track experiments in 1990

edit..oh I have heard nag nag nag. Brilliant tune

Last edited:
Roger Hunt (1938 - 27 September 2021)
Love Liverpool FC or hate them, it was Roger Hunt's 245 League goals over a decade than put the whole behemoth on the road in the 1960's.
Roger scored 41 goals when Liverpool were promoted in 1962 and by the time he left in late 1969 he had scored 168 goals in Division 1. winning the League in 1963-64 and 1965-66 and Liverpool's first FA Cup in 1965.
While the Reds were in contention for rest of the 60's, Roger was one of the of 60's side to leave when Bill Shankly began rebuilding the team.
Roger then spent a few seasons with Bolton and had a short spell with Hellenic in South Africa playing with Ian St John. This wasn't unusual as many players from that era (even George Best) played there.

Roger won 34 caps for England scoring 18 goals including one at the 1966 World Cup and played in all England's matches at the tournament including the Final.
He often played in a supporting role for England to Jimmy Greaves or Geoff Hurst.

After football Roger returned to working in his family's haulage firm in Lancashire.
Liverpool fans called him 'Sir Roger' partly as a dig at the lack of recoginition for LFC greats.
Roger always looked younger than he was even into his 70's and I didn't know he was ill.
This was horrible shock to get this lunchtime, for me there was never a more important player for Liverpool and there probably never will be,

Aldo was on Sky Sports by phone earlier saying some lovely stuff about his childhood hero but was still in shock. older books say Roger scored LFC 245 League goals but for some reason it's now settled on as 244...
Also I did Roger a disservice above as he scored three goals in the 1966 World Cup and was also in 1962 squad but didn't play.

Last edited:
Jose Perez Frances (1936 - 30 September 2021)
One of Spain's best cyclists in the 1960's and a grand tour nearly man.
Perez Frances finished on the Vuelta podium four times (2nd in 1962 behind Rudi Altig and ahead of Shay Elliot (3rd) and 2nd to Gimondi in 1968) and he was 3rd in the 1963 Tour behind Anquetil and Bahamontes.

Perez Frances was born in Santander but lived most of his life in Barcelona where he won his only Tour de France stage in 1965. Among his other achievements were three stage wins in the Vuelta and a total of 5 days in the leader's amarillo jersey. He also led the Giro for 8 days in 1967 (5th overall).
Perez Frances retired in 1969 after ten top 10 finishes in grand tours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back