People Who Died (5 Viewers)

Apparently he had a commune type thing in Jamaica recently, would love to have made a pilgrimage to that. Sad that he's gone, dude was a genuine genius and completely unstoppable until he fell at the last hurdle. A guy I used to work for in NYC went to the site of the Black Ark in the late 80's, was still in chaos. There were stacks of mad rare 7" and loads of sketch books of Perry's drawings, he has two on his wall now, they're amazing.
Edit....think I might be mixing up 2 stories there, I think the 7" might have been in a similarly abandoned distribution office

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is a brilliant piece of work, very informative and entertaining, loads of good music in it too. There's an extended clip of one of his vocal performances on a very odd album when he was trying to get himself back together, it's horrible but over the course of the few minutes his absolute conviction is completely entrancing, I loved it by the end.
There's also a series of deleted scenes on youtube, all worth watching. This is the best one, yer man's deadpan face as he describes Perry causing chaos at a gig is really funny.

sad to think that the upsetter is no longer with us in the world. when i listen to some of his records - super ape, blackboard jungle dub, roast fish collie weed & cord bread - my mind is blown by the sounds and rough textures, as well as the incredible grooves. they're deceptively crunky (the pressings especially) - they conceal the incredible musicianship they're built on. imo the best bob marley recordings were the ones perry made (e.g. rasta revolution lp). he also did that procession/marching thing - reminds me of sun ra musically. musical genius and total legend

Francesco Morini (1944 - 31 August 2021)
Sampdoria, Juventus and Italy defender.
Morini won five Serie A titles, a Coppa Italia and the 1977 UEFA Cup with Juve, playing 387 Serie A games for Samp and Juve. He also won 11 caps including playing in the 1974 World Cup and later worked as sporting director for Juve.

was wondering what this was about -
the owner who imported the animal from NZ to England, took this as some kind of slight on the alpaca farming business and spent 43,000 trying save an animal which tested positive for bovine TB saying the test was wrong.
nothing to do with animal rights
Send in the squad! go! go! go!

sad to think that the upsetter is no longer with us in the world. when i listen to some of his records - super ape, blackboard jungle dub, roast fish collie weed & cord bread - my mind is blown by the sounds and rough textures, as well as the incredible grooves. they're deceptively crunky (the pressings especially) - they conceal the incredible musicianship they're built on. imo the best bob marley recordings were the ones perry made (e.g. rasta revolution lp). he also did that procession/marching thing - reminds me of sun ra musically. musical genius and total legend
Had The Congos on repeat the last few months, my son loves it. Magic piece of work, endlessly brilliant album. That's been back on the speakers since Perry died. I believe my first conversation with you was on the subject of Scratch, in Lazybird one time. You were DJ'ing and played some stuff which unusually, I recognised.
Super Ape next. Must get vinyl. All my small reggae collection is on cd for some reason,

Do you know this stuff? Just got turned on to it, loads of releases over the years

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back