People Who Died (16 Viewers)

Agreed. Rehberg was talismanic for a certain kind of underground experimental scene.

Pretty sure I didn't see him with one of the Jim O'Rourke type groupings. But definitely remember a sweaty, drunk Pita show where this woman I was trying to friendzone kept pinching my arse during his set after a rake of shochus.
No way! Big loss there.

I never got to see him live but Editions Mego is one of those labels that you just buy the album when you see it and trust it’s going to be great. I really dug KTL - his creepy, Black Metal-ish soundscape thing with Stephen O’Malley.

Shit one. Of the modern super technical drummers he had some feel. That said I really only know the first 3 slipknot albums only properly like the 3rd one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Terry Cooper (1944 - 31 July 2021)
oh nooo... just heard yet another Leeds Utd great died.
Attacking left back Cooper was at Leeds for 13 successful years winning 20 caps for England and playing in the 1970 World Cup. A badly broken leg in the early 70's put him out for two years and after failing to regain his place Big Jack signed him for Middlesbrough in 1975 and in '78 he joined another Division 1 club Bristol City.
Terry became Bristol Rovers player manager in 1980 and spent the next 15 years as a manager with lower division clubs.
I see Brian Glanville wrote this he must be in his 90's now?

An unnamed senior Swiss diplomat in Iran, who “fell”

oh look, another senior swiss diplomat has mysteriously turned up dead, funny how that keeps happening

I’ll just mention in passing that the swiss diplomatic service happen to be the middlemen for any possible new USA-Iran nuclear deal... if I was a swiss diplomat right now I think I’d want danger money

Died last month but I only heard this yesterday

Bob Sargeant (d. 13 July 2021)
Bob who was in his 70's, produced many Peel great sessions (Buzzcocks, Fall, Wire, SLF, Motorhead, Joy Division, Gang of Four, Killing Joke, Cure etc.) he also produced albums by The Fall, The Beat, The Monochrome Set, The Ruts, Haircut 100 and The Damned.

R.I.P. That's an amazing legacy of studio work.
DISCOGS page for his production work:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back