People Who Died (6 Viewers)

Joszef Venglos (1936 - 26 January 2021)
Slovak manager Dr. Jo had a long career managing Czechoslovakia at two World Cups
(1982 and 1990 - lost to eventual winners West Germany in QF) and most notably to
Irish fans Villa in 1990-91 and in late 90's with Celtic.

after Czechoslovakian success in Italia playing attractive football, Dr Jo became
manager of 1990 runners up Aston Villa job making him only the second 'foreign'
(non English speaking) manager to get a job in England after Stockport's Danny Bergara.
the season was a disaster (finished 17th) with players inc. Paul McGrath and David
Platt saying they had let Venglos down and it was the players fault he was sacked.
Dr. Jo expected the players to be responsible without heavy discipline, controlling and
shouting and the players took huge liberties with a decent man treating them like adults.
McGrath detailed in his bio that when Venglos showed them how to warm up PROPERLY
(rather the pointless stretching that actually relaxes muscles that they were used to)
they took the piss out the training session. of course now everyone warms up by
running about around as if they were playing.

in 1998 Venglos returned to the UK to manage Celtic signing his Slovak countryman
and 1990 WC player veteran Lubo Moravcik, Mark Viduka and Johan Mjallby.
Although his time in Glasgow ended trophyless he was well respected and set the
foundations for future successes.

Ex-Celtic and Villa boss Dr Jozef Venglos dies aged 84

R.I.P. Dr. Jo

Johannes Edvaldsson (1950 - 24 January 2021)
Icelandic player who played with Celtic from 1975-1980 passed away from cancer.
his younger brother Atli also had a long career in the Bundesliga.

Jóhannes Eðvaldsson - Wikipedia

several Brazilian footballers from a regional league (4th tier) were killed in a plane
crash on 24th January:

Last edited:
John Mortimore (1934 - 26 January 2021)
Chelsea footballer (279 games 1956-65) and also a manager and coach.
most notably in two spells as Benfica boss Mortimore won two League titles in 1977 and '87 and the Cup
in 1986 and '87.

I've never heard of him strangely.

She was 34? FFS. I wonder what the correlation between being trans and dying ridiculously young (or getting assaulted) look like.

Being trans is basically playing life in hard mode, friend of mine got picked up by NYPD and charged with prostitution for walking home after work.

rumours suggest an accident while trying to find a spot to watch the full moon

Oh yeah? She took a fall or something?

I dunno. Kind of hit a nerve. I was mates with a few trans women in NYC, and every single one of them got assaulted. Every one. Not shove shouty words assaulted, arriving in with eyes swollen shut assaulted.

The NYPD harassed them too, just on a day to day level, meaning that any assault went unreported (since the last people you want to be dealing with if you've just been beaten up are NYPD).

It's a mess. I guess I shouldn't generalize, but in NYC it wasn't pretty.

phil-spector-headjpg-4fd42a695a4828ff.jpg
bit late to the party, but - right on

Justo Tejada (1933 - 31 January 2021)
Barcelona (1953-61), Real Madrid (1961-63) and Spain footballer.
He won two Liga titles with each club playing as a forward along side some all time great players.
The Barca side in the late 50's (w/ Kubala, Czibor and Kocsis) was their best until modern times but was outshone by Real Madrid.
Tejada won 8 caps w/ all four of his goals coming in a 6-2 win against Norn Iron in 1958.

Hal Holbrook. Another who I thought died years ago, but also thought was around forever

180px-Hal_Holbrook_Our_Town_1977_%28cropped%29.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back