People Who Died (6 Viewers)

Jimmy Conway (1946 - 14 February 2020)
Bohs. Fulham (1966-76), Man City, Portland Timbers and Ireland midfielder.
Jimmy had suffered with dementia (diagnosed 2009).
several of Conway brothers also played for Bohs. Jimmy's 10 years at Fulham
included an FA Cup Final defeat in 1975 playing alongside Bobby Moore
and Alan Mullery.

after a season with Man City, Jimmy moved to Portland Timbers and settled
there spending the rest of his working life coaching. mostly developing soccer
talent in Oregon.
his son Paul was also a pro footballer.

Former Republic of Ireland international Jimmy Conway passes away | Off The Ball

2014 article about Jimmy's dementia mostly told by his wife Noeleen (a welcome
viewpoint) very sad but also a great insight into how respected he was in Portland
for his key role in developing soccer there.

Portland Timbers teammates for life: With Mick Hoban by his side, Jimmy Conway doesn't walk alone in battle against dementia

Jimmy Conway (footballer) - Wikipedia

Fuck she must only be about 40.

Exactly 40.

Her life seems to have been spiraling a bit recently. She lost her gig on Love Island because she'd been arrested for assaulting her boyfriend with a lamp. The press gave her a very hard time.

There's no excusing violence but it's awful what's happened to her. And really tragic if there's a line that can be drawn between these things, and other issues she might have had going on.

Exactly 40.

Her life seems to have been spiraling a bit recently. She lost her gig on Love Island because she'd been arrested for assaulting her boyfriend with a lamp. The press gave her a very hard time. And really tragic if there's a line that can be drawn between these things, and other issues she might have had going on.

I'm aware that this is the internet and here we are but I did a course earlier on this year on the reporting of people taking their own life in the media. OBVS its for work and all that but one factor that kinda crops up is the celebrity tragedies tend to spur copycats. We were warned pretty heavily against connecting factors in life and how someone in a vulnerable position might find these things relatable. I'm aware that this is thumped, and we may as well be having a large private chat group most of the time, but at the same time I think its information worth passing on. Now at the same time we are going to see thousands of people on twitter make these exact comparisons and things and there is fuck all that can be done.

I'm aware that this is the internet and here we are but I did a course earlier on this year on the reporting of people taking their own life in the media. OBVS its for work and all that but one factor that kinda crops up is the celebrity tragedies tend to spur copycats. We were warned pretty heavily against connecting factors in life and how someone in a vulnerable position might find these things relatable. I'm aware that this is thumped, and we may as well be having a large private chat group most of the time, but at the same time I think its information worth passing on. Now at the same time we are going to see thousands of people on twitter make these exact comparisons and things and there is fuck all that can be done.

This is all good advice. But I'm not assuming anything about the cause of death at the moment.

The red tops are legit scumbags, but anyone that attacks their partner in their sleep with a lamp, is dealing with some serious problems.

The media are not blameless, but to kill yourself is to literally not be able to live with yourself.

She must have been in extreme pain, but she was struggling with more than the media being their usually shitty selves.

----

ETA, I think I just said the same thing three times there.

R.I.P. Crazy Cavan, legend of the UK rock and roll scene.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back