People Who Died (8 Viewers)

Kind of upset at Gaybo, probably shouldn’t be.
He wasn’t good with Annie Murphy, but on so many other things he was ahead of the curve.
You’d be chancing your life switching off either his radio show or the Late Late in my granny’s house.
He used to get his shoes repaired in a shop down by my school – Joey’s in Fairview - and the railings would be rammed with young faces whenever there was a Gaybo sighting.
Literally stilled our childish play.

It’s a slight measure of who we’ve lost that I’ve now to listen to the likes of Ray poxy Darcy to listen to coverage of his passing.

RIP Gaybo

Kind of upset at Gaybo, probably shouldn’t be.
He wasn’t good with Annie Murphy,

I suppose there was a point where he became an auld lad and he'd become one by that stage. We're all probably too young to remember the important, status quo challenging stuff he did but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't give him credit or it. Even so I imagine he was a big part of almost everyone here's childhood, being allowed to stay up late on a Friday night meant seeing Gay on the telly. And while I don't get the mass self-infantilisation that happens around the toy show each year the affection that people have for it is probably rooted in their memories of him doing it.

That segment on the late late where he rang up the woman to tell her that she'd won a car or whatever it was only told by the woman that her daughter died the night before was extraordinary television and I know he got a bit of stick for keeping her on the air but I think he handled it amazingly well; you can't really ditch someone because their grief is inconvenient or awkward for you and sometimes people just need to be allowed to talk to process what's going on to them.

That segment on the late late where he rang up the woman to tell her that she'd won a car or whatever it was only told by the woman that her daughter died the night before was extraordinary television and I know he got a bit of stick for keeping her on the air but I think he handled it amazingly well; you can't really ditch someone because their grief is inconvenient or awkward for you and sometimes people just need to be allowed to talk to process what's going on to them.

fuck. I never heard of this

I’m going to put my head above the parapet here and it’ll be probably be an unpopular opinion, and i apologise to anyone that may have known him personally;
I thought he was massively condescending. Always Found him to be entirely disingenuous and I’ve never warmed to anything he’s done, ever.
I’m a Marty Whelan man at the core

I’m going to put my head above the parapet here and it’ll be probably be an unpopular opinion, and i apologise to anyone that may have known him personally;
I thought he was massively condescending. Always Found him to be entirely disingenuous and I’ve never warmed to anything he’s done, ever.

I'm with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back