People Who Died (9 Viewers)

yeah yeah, but what's this got to do with today's youth and music genres and subcultures?

Good riddance. This fucker raped and abused so many of my friends and neighbours. When he was finally prosecuted his parish raised thousands of pounds for him. When he was released from prison he lived a peaceful life and died at 91. There are eight graves in Gortahork , men who committed suicide as a result of the abuse he perpetrated on them as kids.

Fuck the Catholic church and its advocates

Do teenagers still have the tribal mentality when it comes to music?

I don’t think so. Music doesn’t seem to be as big for kids nowadays or as linked in with identity as it was when we were growing up. I remember the whole grungers versus ravers thing in primary school. Then in Secondary school it was indie kids versus punks, I remember a lot of big fights breaking out at gigs with that one. After a while everyone just started taking pills and stopped fighting over that nonsense.

From what I can remember the Prodigy were one of those bands that people on both sides of the Grunger/Raver divide could agree on.

Anyways, when I think of the Prodigy 2 memories come to mind.

1. Going to Thurles for the day Trip to Tipp the same summer I did my Junior Cert. Pretty much every I knew from Tullamore was at it. I remember being up near the front for the Prodigy's set and Keith Flint coming down to the crowd and drooling on the people in the front row.

2. I remember watching the video for Breathe one night while on magic mushrooms and being scared shitless because I was convinced Keith Flint was jumping out of the screen.

Good times.

Good riddance. This fucker raped and abused so many of my friends and neighbours. When he was finally prosecuted his parish raised thousands of pounds for him. When he was released from prison he lived a peaceful life and died at 91. There are eight graves in Gortahork , men who committed suicide as a result of the abuse he perpetrated on them as kids.

Fuck the Catholic church and its advocates

Well said

So sorry to hear of your friends being personally affected and traumatized by that evil man, Johnny, well said.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Blaine played drums on the following recordings that hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100:

Christ almighty, RIP dude.

Blaine played drums on the following recordings that hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100:

Christ almighty, RIP dude.

Thought this comment was spot on

Didn't he say that the beat was a mistake, that he dropped a stick or something and just kept going that way.

Similar to the Kingsmen, who's drummer taught the song Louie Louie to the rest of the band but taught it wrong with that quintessential da-da-da/da-da rhythm.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back