People Who Died (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:(

he played this back when I saw him

God, i'm really sad about auld George.

I used to hate him when I was 12 and Fastlove was on repeat on MTV or the Chart Show or whatever but I grew into him over time and came to realize he really was a thing of his own. He was the first gig I ever went to where there was a credits crawl at the end of it.

He dodged paying taxes and made millions playing for oligarchs but would also play a miners or nurse benefit show and released that anti-Blair/Bush single in 2002.

He wanted to be taken dead seriously as a songwriter but made his name for shoving shuttlecocks down his shorts and wearing fingerless gloves. He didn't hate pop music per se but he hated Wake Me up Before you Go Go, the ultimate pop song, from the day he wrote it.

He hid his sexuality for years but the moment he was outed he made the Outside video making fun of the whole thing and spent the next 20 years cheerfully cruising for hookups in the open.

also for a so-called solo single Careless Whisper was one of 3 in total Andrew Ridgeley co-writes and made it onto 2 out of 3 Wham! albums wtf

He was the first gig I ever went to where there was a credits crawl at the end of it.
You say that like it has happened more than once, I've never even heard of that happening before. I've seen credits in programmes all right but never a crawl. I feel like I'm going to gigs without a decent production value.

Freedom came out a year before Screamdelica
Break beats and horns and pianos

He had a point about not being taken seriously as an artist

But he also had the video with nothing but models running around in their jocks

The sound was so good though

You say that like it has happened more than once, I've never even heard of that happening before. I've seen credits in programmes all right but never a crawl. I feel like I'm going to gigs without a decent production value.
I'm fairly sure i've seen it happen at big pop gigs a few times. It never feels quite right.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
    Bello Bar
    1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
    Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
    Vicar Street
    58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
    Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
    Anseo
    18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back