People Who Died (10 Viewers)

google 'Janice Long refugees' and the first thing that comes up is from the Liverpool Echo 2015:
I don't know what happened after?
well if there's any evidence of it left, it'll be near impossible to find. I don't remember the exact detail, just a couple of ill-advised tweets by her that she stood by. No sign of anything like that on her feed there now.

allegedly, I suppose.

Desmond Tutu was the coolest priest in the world in the 80's. he always reminds me of my granny who thought he was ace. no one in Ireland comparable with him.
not sure what Ben M Freeman's problem is with him. Tutu wasn't keen on atheists or Marxists but I see Ben is gay and Tutu strongly supported gay rights.

as Denise LaSalle and Jello said - Don't Mess With My Tutu
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Desmond Tutu was the coolest priest in the world in the 80's. he always reminds me of my granny who thought he was ace. no one in Ireland comparable with him.
not sure what Ben M Freeman's problem is with him. Tutu wasn't keen on atheists or Marxists but I see Ben is gay and Tutu strongly supported gay rights.

as Denise LaSalle and Jello said - Don't Mess With My Tutu

I could have one guess - Ben supports Zionism

Yeah - thought so. Tutu was a big critic of Israel.

mostly Israel was openly an ally of apartheid era South Africa and had/has a very bad reputation in Africa.
the two countries not surprisingly don't have good relations since.

I read about the war in Angola, which was an appalling NATO - Warsaw pact proxy war between two politically quite similar factions but UNITA appealed to the west for support after the other faction the MPLA had appealed to the Eastern Bloc for military support.
South Africa (then ruling Namibia) was heavily involved with backing UNITA and Israel also backed UNITA.
in the late 80's the Cubans got huge concessions from South Africa in return for pulling out of the conflict which led to a deal that not only got the South Africans out of Angola but got Namibia independence.
after the leader of UNITA since the 60's was killed about 2002, the war which started in 1975 on independence, ended very quickly. a very similar proxy war happened at the same time in Mozambique with more South African involvement.

The swipe at his work saying it smacked of eugenics is a bit harsh. Maybe I’ve missed something (not being alive when Sociobiology was published) but his work on behaviour is seminal.

Grichka Bogdanoff died in hospital in Paris, aged 72, his agent confirmed on Tuesday, while twin brother Igor is being treated for the virus at the same hospital, according to reports.

cover6.jpg

Assunta 'Puppeta' Maresca (1935 - 29 December 2021)
Coming from a Camorra family Puppeta married Napoli crime boss Pasquale Simonetti. When she was 6 months pregnant with her first child Simonetti was murdered. Maresca personally shot her husband's killer dead and was convicted in a trial which saw her become famous. Marecsa remained involved in crime after her release in 1965 and suffered several more murders of her family including her eldest son.

betty white, but this seems to be the only outlet carrying the news, so maybe not?

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back