People Who Died (8 Viewers)

Leopoldo Luque (1949 - 2021)

Argentine 1978 World Cup winning striker died of a heart attack while suffering with Covid-19.
In the Argentina '78 World Cup, Luque missed two games in the tournament due to injury.
then tragically his brother was killed in a road accident during the tournament while driving
to visit Leopoldo.
however Leopoldo returned and played in the Final and having scored four goals in the tournament.

World Cup winner Leopoldo Luque dies days after contracting COVID-19 | Newstalk

Leopoldo Luque - Wikipedia

James Creighton, guitarist from The Shakin Pyramids

A massive influence on my old band

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2000ad (and others comics) writer Si Spencer

2000ad (and others comics) writer Si Spencer

Harke & Burr and The Creep were stories that really caught me when I started reading Judge Dredd/2000AD. Hadn’t realised he had done so much TV work afterwards.

WOOOO !
FANTASTIC NEWS - WHAT A LOVELY SURPRISE !
I AM GLAD THE FUCKERS DEAD.
LIMBAUGH WAS A TOTAL HYPOCRITE BIGOT.
WOOOO !

Yeah obviously the Guardian isn't a fan, but the facts are there. It's a litany of wtf's.

The lesson people should have learned from him imho is that you can't factcheck your way into stopping people listening to him, you have to be funnier as well as more right on.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Marti Verges (1934 - 17 February 2021)
Barcelona footballer (1956-66) and Spain (12 caps / played in 1962 World Cup)
Verges won two Liga titles, three Cups and 3 Fairs Cups (UEFA/Europa League)
and played over 400 games in midfield for Barca.

Martí Vergés passes away

Ozcan Arkoc (1939 - 17 February 2021)
Turkish goalkeeper who won 9 caps.
Arkoc played for Fenerbahce, Besiktas, Austria Vienna and was the first Turk to play in the Bundesliga
with Hamburg (1967-75)

Özcan Arkoç - Wikipedia

Luis Balague (1944 - 18 February 2021)
Oviedo born Spanish cyclist (pro 1969-77) who won a Vuelta stage in 1972.
He finished all 12 Grand Tours he raced and finished in the top 10 on the Vuelta twice.
In his two spells at Bic he was a team mate of Luis Ocana, Jan Janssen and Jacques Anquetil in
his final pro season.

Luis Balagué Carreño (pro cycling stats)

A lad up the road from me, age around the 60 mark I'd say. That's 3 people who've died between our crossroads and the next one up (about 3km away) since the start of the pandemic :(

edit: none of the deaths covid-related though (unless this latest guy was, dunno the details yet)

it's been nearly a year. i've lost my father, my uncle, a neighbour, my brother in law's mother, and the mother of a friend during this time. none of them had covid. but it could be that circumstances added to their stress and didn't help things. could also be that that's a normal amount of people to die in a year.

it's been nearly a year. i've lost my father, my uncle, a neighbour, my brother in law's mother, and the mother of a friend during this time. none of them had covid. but it could be that circumstances added to their stress and didn't help things. could also be that that's a normal amount of people to die in a year.
christ dude that's rough, sorry to hear it

Shit man, that's a lot to have to take on. I'm really sorry to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
  • David Kronenbourg
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back