People Who Died (4 Viewers)

I don't know much about Fisk, what were his controversial opinions?
He's worth reading. Himself and Finkelstein are both impressive, and not buying Israel's bullshit, and are therefore raging antisemites.

I have (had?) a copy of Pity The Nation, by Fisk. The opening chapter goes through the birth of Israel, via the German death camps. I read it on the Sligo train from Connolly. I remember looking up from the book at around Broombridge. Like, I knew the camps probably weren't the greatest craic ever to be had in the history of humanity. I knew they were probably not great. But reading Fisk's opening chapter on the camps somehow brought home the horror of the place, to the extent that I had to stop and focus on not crying, for a good while. I remember the seat, the window, the direction I pointed. Because it was fucking harrowing. But then he turns into a rampant antisemite talks about Lebanon, and the war with Israel.

Finkelstein too would be another one worth having a look at. It's a bit trickier for him to pull off being a rampant antisemite, seeing as he's Jewish, his parents survived concentration camps. Finkelstein manages to be antisemitic because he points out that certain people have profited from the Holocaust, and that other non-jewish people have also been involved in genocides. Which everyone knows can't be true, and grounds for allegations of antisemitism. The cunt formally known as Alan Dershowitz, who definitely wasn't pals with Epstein and or rape kids, and is in no way implicated by Ghislaine Maxwell's testimony, personally led the charge of ruining Finkelstein's career for being such a staunch antisemite.

He's worth reading. Himself and Finkelstein are both impressive, and not buying Israel's bullshit, and are therefore raging antisemites.

I have (had?) a copy of Pity The Nation, by Fisk. The opening chapter goes through the birth of Israel, via the German death camps. I read it on the Sligo train from Connolly. I remember looking up from the book at around Broombridge. Like, I knew the camps probably weren't the greatest craic ever to be had in the history of humanity. I knew they were probably not great. But reading Fisk's opening chapter on the camps somehow brought home the horror of the place, to the extent that I had to stop and focus on not crying, for a good while. I remember the seat, the window, the direction I pointed. Because it was fucking harrowing.
Looking out at Broombridge can't have helped your mood either.

I have (had?) a copy of Pity The Nation, by Fisk. The opening chapter goes through the birth of Israel, via the German death camps. I read it on the Sligo train from Connolly. I remember looking up from the book at around Broombridge. Like, I knew the camps probably weren't the greatest craic ever to be had in the history of humanity. I knew they were probably not great. But reading Fisk's opening chapter on the camps somehow brought home the horror of the place, to the extent that I had to stop and focus on not crying, for a good while. I remember the seat, the window, the direction I pointed. Because it was fucking harrowing. But then he turns into a rampant antisemite talks about Lebanon, and the war with Israel.
Wait, is he an antisemite or not? I mean, in actual terms not "he didn't agree with Israel over cutting off water to Palestine," because you started one way and ended the other.

Finkelstein too would be another one worth having a look at. It's a bit trickier for him to pull off being a rampant antisemite, seeing as he's Jewish, his parents survived concentration camps. Finkelstein manages to be antisemitic because he points out that certain people have profited from the Holocaust, and that other non-jewish people have also been involved in genocides. Which everyone knows can't be true, and grounds for allegations of antisemitism. The cunt formally known as Alan Dershowitz, who definitely wasn't pals with Epstein and or rape kids, and is in no way implicated by Ghislaine Maxwell's testimony, personally led the charge of ruining Finkelstein's career for being such a staunch antisemite.
lol The Dersh is good fun. He's like Cliff Richard in that he can't prevent himself from always bringing up the allegations against him unprompted and making it worse all the time.

I like listening Finkelstein's voice, especially when he's tearing into Dershowitz

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Dersh liked it less, obviously, and destroyed the Fink's career

I mostly knew him from episodes of Whose Line is it Anyway?

Improvising comedy like that is still probably the most impressive thing in the world to me.

Thanks Wikipedia:

A Eurosceptic, Sessions voiced his support for the UK Independence Party (UKIP) in 2014.[43][44] He stated, "I get so bored with people going, 'UKIP are a bunch of racists.' They're nothing of the kind. Nigel Farage talks more sense than the rest of the politicians put together. The United States of Europe is madness."[4]

Sessions was also critical of Scottish nationalism, and argued for the abolition of the Scottish, Welsh and European parliaments.[4] In August 2014, he was one of 200 public figures who were signatories to a letter to The Guardian expressing their hope that Scotland would vote to remain part of the United Kingdom in September's referendum on that issue.[45]

Wait, is he an antisemite or not? I mean, in actual terms not "he didn't agree with Israel over cutting off water to Palestine," because you started one way and ended the other.
I suspect Flashback might be making the point that any remote criticism of the state of Israel now instantly garners rabid anti-semite hysteria from proto-fascists, ala J.C

I suspect Flashback might be making the point that any remote criticism of the state of Israel now instantly garners rabid anti-semite hysteria from proto-fascists, ala J.C
Yeah, I got that from the start of his post but by the end I couldn't tell.

jesus christ?
THAT'S WHAT HIS DELUDED SUPPORTERS THINK

Thanks Wikipedia:

A Eurosceptic, Sessions voiced his support for the UK Independence Party (UKIP) in 2014.[43][44] He stated, "I get so bored with people going, 'UKIP are a bunch of racists.' They're nothing of the kind. Nigel Farage talks more sense than the rest of the politicians put together. The United States of Europe is madness."[4]

Sessions was also critical of Scottish nationalism, and argued for the abolition of the Scottish, Welsh and European parliaments.[4] In August 2014, he was one of 200 public figures who were signatories to a letter to The Guardian expressing their hope that Scotland would vote to remain part of the United Kingdom in September's referendum on that issue.[45]
oh, sad face.

my stella street vhs just took a kicking.

I don't think Fisk got in any serious trouble for criticizing Israel though, or at least it never stuck. He didn't have all his fellow journalists calling him out for antisemitism and for not condemning antisemitism strongly enough for not spending his life witch-hunting out all potentially anti-semetic journalists wherever they might be lurking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back