People Who Died (10 Viewers)

I'd kinda forgotten about the Cranberries until I heard this new version of When You're Gone on the radio a few weeks ago and remembered what a good song it is. Heard it several times over the last weeks actually

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

shocking, sad and tragic as it is, the cranberries were a load of shite
True though that may be (or not, I haven't the faintest) they still at least had those two wonderful tracks (and also Zombie). Playing either of them still stirs something deep down in my hardened, cynical soul. When that string bit kicks in in Linger (y). You don't really get that kind of border-crossing swooning pop song anymore.

whole thing intact on the original demo

I assume that's a mellotron or something playing the string part?

The quality of her music isn't really relevant though. I was watching the news last night and I was thinking that the stuff about how successful they were and how many records they sold was the least interesting, least important part of the story.

She came into a bike shop I worked in with either her husband,security or whatever,and bought a coup!e of bikes and gokarts. She wanted them built but we were kinda busy. When I explained to the fella,as it was him who did all the talking,how we were busy and he's have to come back,he offered 100 quid to get them sorted now. We obviously did so and helped them out to the hummer.

I remember hearing about the video for the song zombie,that all the supposed footage from the north was filmed very much not in the north. That annoyed me no end.

An iconic face if ever there was one. I didn't know he was the masked guy in Flash Gordon

An iconic face if ever there was one. I didn't know he was the masked guy in Flash Gordon

Had to post this - another Laurie Johnson classic:

confession. I've never seen this TV show

It's well worth a watch if you're into ye olde telly. And Department S, if you've not seen that, totally of their time. And another belter of a theme tune.

I only know the singles, but she always struck me as a Sinead O'Connor replacement for the states - someone that would play record company ball and wouldn't have a GD meltdown on SNL.
There was still a market for what Sinead was doing, just not Sinead herself.

I assume this cos they started putting Dolores on MTV soon after Sinead's Pope thing.
I have no idea if this theory will hold up to the slightest bit of scrutiny.

They were never a band I loved.
But neither were they a band where I could say - I hate what they do.
They are like Radiohead or The Strokes for me. I'll listen. It's grand. Fair play to them and isn't nice that they are famous.
I remember going througha phase of listing to the debut album and liking it just like i went through a phase of listen to IS this It and liking that too.

I like them by the power of association to being a teenager and the synaptic rose tinted deep memory dive i get when i hear them because i don't really listen to them on purpose

I do think a few songs are free flowing wonders any writer would be proud of.

Sad that she was so young.

Yea, that was kept quiet. First I heard of it was today.
Here he is looking like a bricklayer behind the kit in '83

For years I thought Dave Holland was their only drummer, then Scott took over. Wrong, they've had loads of drummers. Dave's first album was British Steel I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back