People Who Died (18 Viewers)

008.jpg

Ugh, sorry to hear that. Horrible procedure, hope all is well now?
That's an awful thing for a child to go through. I hope that they get better soon.
thanks gents. he'll be 3 soon and i'm sure he doesn't remember it but we'll never forget it either. thankfully, he's moved into his lipstick phase, as of lunchtime today:
rkc8kn.jpg

Sad news. Only discovered him in the last year or so.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been listening to BBC6 music a lot over the past few years. They love him on there. They play him regularly. I only knew a handful of songs by him, but they're all great. And, I knew very little about the guy. Seemed a very interesting character.

I've been listening to BBC6 music a lot over the past few years. They love him on there. They play him regularly. I only knew a handful of songs by him, but they're all great. And, I knew very little about the guy. Seemed a very interesting character.

Same here. Just a handful of songs. Good article here on him

RIP William Onyeabor • Nialler9

RIP to the guy

I've listened to him a little but always been a bit cagey about it. Fear of becoming next level hipster.

Clare Hollingworth, Reporter Who Broke News of World War II, Dies at 105

Ms. Hollingworth, the undisputed doyenne of war correspondents, who died on Tuesday in Hong Kong at 105, was less than a week into her first job, as a reporter for the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph, on that windy day in 1939.

Driving alone on the road from Gleiwitz, then in Germany, to Katowice, in Poland — a distance of less than 20 miles — she watched as the wind lifted a piece of the tarpaulin that had been erected on the German side to screen the valley below from view. Through the opening, Ms. Hollingworth saw, she later wrote, “large numbers of troops, literally hundreds of tanks, armored cars and field guns” concealed in the valley.

The date was Aug. 28, 1939, and her article, published the next day, would become, as the British paper The Guardian wrote in 2015, “probably the greatest scoop of modern times.”

On Sept. 1, Hitler’s forces invaded Poland, marking the start of World War II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back