People Who Died (7 Viewers)

I only watched The Exorcist again the other day. Arguably the best horror film ever made. This scene is pure nightmare fuel.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I only watched The Exorcist again the other day. Arguably the best horror film ever made. This scene is pure nightmare fuel.

When I watched it again a couple of years ago, I found it completely unsettling in different way to before. I first saw it when I was 14 and my uncle brought me to it in the cinema when they unbanned it here. It was the big screen in the Ormonde Cinema in Stillorgan, though it was only about two thirds full. It was incredible, I only knew a bit about it and it was such a thrill. Two college-aged girls in front of us walked out before they even got through the opening sequence in Iraq.

Anyway, when I watched it again, it wasn't the possession or the gore that haunted me afterwards. It was that medical testing scene when they're doing the scans on her, doing the lumbar puncture, etc. and the girl is terrified. That's the bit where you know the character suffered, she wasn't really there when Pazuzu was in charge but she still had to go through that almost medieval horror in the hospital. What a superb film.

When I watched it again a couple of years ago, I found it completely unsettling in different way to before. I first saw it when I was 14 and my uncle brought me to it in the cinema when they unbanned it here. It was the big screen in the Ormonde Cinema in Stillorgan, though it was only about two thirds full. It was incredible, I only knew a bit about it and it was such a thrill. Two college-aged girls in front of us walked out before they even got through the opening sequence in Iraq.

Anyway, when I watched it again, it wasn't the possession or the gore that haunted me afterwards. It was that medical testing scene when they're doing the scans on her, doing the lumbar puncture, etc. and the girl is terrified. That's the bit where you know the character suffered, she wasn't really there when Pazuzu was in charge but she still had to go through that almost medieval horror in the hospital. What a superb film.
It's one of three truly great films Friedkin directed, the other two being The French Connection and Sorcerer.

Watching it the other day I had to turn away during the medical procedure bit. The spurting blood was too much.

It's one of three truly great films Friedkin directed, the other two being The French Connection and Sorcerer.

Watching it the other day I had to turn away during the medical procedure bit. The spurting blood was too much.
Never heard of Sorcerer! How can this be? I like the cut of its jib.

also--"Film Chat" --moderator!!!

Never heard of Sorcerer! How can this be? I like the cut of its jib.

also--"Film Chat" --moderator!!!

It was a complete disaster and nearly ruined his career but it's so so good. One of my favourite films.

Users who are viewing this thread

• G
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back