Pedal Power (1 Viewer)

Oh how times have changed.

I'm considering a power supply. Considering things in the guitar pedal world change so quick,are there any deals around? Or should I just grab one of those Harley Benton ones?

I've got 8!!!!! pedals on the go that I bring to practice. Don't always use them all,but like messing around with shit. Can sometimes plug in different stuff at home too for the laugh. I still have the one spot,so could always use that for any extras at home etc. and I'm pretty sure everything is 9v as I've not run into problems.

Please tell me I don't need to spend loads of money.

Oh how times have changed.

I'm considering a power supply. Considering things in the guitar pedal world change so quick,are there any deals around? Or should I just grab one of those Harley Benton ones?

I've got 8!!!!! pedals on the go that I bring to practice. Don't always use them all,but like messing around with shit. Can sometimes plug in different stuff at home too for the laugh. I still have the one spot,so could always use that for any extras at home etc. and I'm pretty sure everything is 9v as I've not run into problems.

Please tell me I don't need to spend loads of money.
I have this one for years, which I think is great
Artec CPB-12 Power Brick – Thomann Ireland

Never did buy anything in the end,paired back a good bit but playing with other people has the numbers up again.

Any thoughts on this?

And any pros cons I need to be aware of?

I would be a daisy chainer as well. I was thinking recently, I need a proper pedal board & power supply. Not just a piece of wood & a Boss TU2. I'm at the limit of running 7 pedals. Would like the option of adding 2 or 3 more. I blame it on watching too many episodes of that pedal show on youtube.

it's fairly expensive if you were to buy a pedaltrain board & a voodoo labs power supply. There are cheaper option of course. Harley Benton etc.... still mulling over it.
First World problems eh?

I never got around to buying a proper pedalboard either. Probably just as well.

What do I need to know about the ma rating on the outputs? If you power a lower rated pedal with the higher output will the pedal blow?

I also have a ehx pedal comes with its own power supply. The connector is different to day boss pedals. What do I need to be careful of?

What do I need to know about the ma rating on the outputs? If you power a lower rated pedal with the higher output will the pedal blow?

I also have a ehx pedal comes with its own power supply. The connector is different to day boss pedals. What do I need to be careful of?

As far as I remember they only take as many MA's as they need.

EHX can be odd in my experience. Look out for polarity for sure.

As far as I remember they only take as many MA's as they need.

EHX can be odd in my experience. Look out for polarity for sure.

Yeah, voltage matching and polarity are the things to watch.

When a supply is rated for, say, 500mA, it means it can deliver up to that. A pedal might only draw 100mA and that’s grand. If you have a pedal that draws 750mA it won’t be damaged, but will either not work properly, or be really noisy.

But plugging a 9v pedal into and 18v supply could fry it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back