Pedal Power (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
I have always used a Boss TU2 to power my pedals.

I've been having all sorts of issues recently where it has let me down, and I've ended up having to play directly through the amp with no pedals.

I'm told I should get one of those multi pedal power supplies so in the event that one goes I can still use the others. so wondering what is a decent and cheap one?

Is this any use?

9V 12V 18V Isolated Guitar Effects Pedal / Board Power Supply Brick | eBay

I have always used a Boss TU2 to power my pedals.

I've been having all sorts of issues recently where it has let me down, and I've ended up having to play directly through the amp with no pedals.

I'm told I should get one of those multi pedal power supplies so in the event that one goes I can still use the others. so wondering what is a decent and cheap one?

Is this any use?

9V 12V 18V Isolated Guitar Effects Pedal / Board Power Supply Brick | eBay

The two ones on thomann (the 6 out isolated one and the purple bigger one) are pretty reliable.

I'm about 5 years in on my main one. Bought a spare that i've never used. @moose has used the smaller ones i think?

I play in a cover band now so a range of sounds is useful. Fun too, after a lifetime of only one or two pedals.

I would be a daisy chainer as well. I was thinking recently, I need a proper pedal board & power supply. Not just a piece of wood & a Boss TU2. I'm at the limit of running 7 pedals. Would like the option of adding 2 or 3 more. I blame it on watching too many episodes of that pedal show on youtube.

it's fairly expensive if you were to buy a pedaltrain board & a voodoo labs power supply. There are cheaper option of course. Harley Benton etc.... still mulling over it.
First World problems eh?

I daisy chain about 6 pedals from two outs (for extra current) then use the isolated outs for two pedals that need isolated power. Namely my EHX Freeze and my vocal delay. That leaves me with a spare out for any new pedals I want to try out off board.

I like the idea of not adding batteries to the amount of waste I produce.

I was in xmusic yesterday and you'll be pleased to hear I bought one of those boss power supplys for my tuner. I was gonna buy some batteries on the way home and thought,sure what the hell.

Watch me end up with loads of pedals now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back