peak burrito? (1 Viewer)

Cuisine de France's site mentions the 1980s as their starting point anyway.

When did O'Brien's sandwich places start appearing? That was mid-90s I thought.

The whole deli counter phenomenon is fascinating. A Spar opened beside my secondary school in 1995 or 1996 and the fresh CdF baguettes and doughnuts were a huge novelty for us. Before that rolls were either those floury soft ones or with the hard crust like eating a fcuking wavin pipe.

I remember in early 1990s getting the most amazing freshly made sandwiches and rolls in Alan's Hot Bread Shop on Swords Main St but it was an amazing place that is still lamented.

I need dinner.

I'm planning on being pretty drunk in the bello bar on friday, what's the spicebag situation around there?

Hogies are the future. Kebab, chicken tikka, salad, chips n spicy sauce in hot bread wrap thingy. Beast of a feed

So, myself and Daisy finally located Boojum via GPS after circling it twice,as neither of us had ever been down that particular street! What a thrill that was! Dublin is not the samelace I came up.

Anyway...the famed Boojum experience...

I got the shredded beef with all the hot stuff. Wasn't salty enough...but was very good and filling. 7/10

Daisy had chorizo and couldn't finish it cos she's only 10 and it was the size of her head. So I polished that off. I'm not the world's biggest chorizo lover but it was nice. She is however and gave it a 7/10 . Almost identical score to mine.

Look..it's not a patch on iskanders but..it's a good bit cheaper so there's a trade off. I did get a loyalty card though which I'll leave in the van,itll be interesting to see how long it takes to get a free burrito.

Also,the girl that made ours was extremely pleasant,which was a very welcome enhancement of the overall adventure

Daisy is a great name.

I too had my first boojum yesterday. Pork with guacamole. No complaints. Meat was sensational and I was stuffed.

Also had the taco chips from Aprille as recommended by Moose. A delight.

I had pulled chicken in a bap with cabbage yesterday in Oslo. Some of the bet eating I've ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back