Paying tribute to Stephen Hawking on facebook (2 Viewers)

I live with my mathematician uncle. His hobbies include this:

51SsbqOFSHL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And he says he's read a brief history of time about three times and still gets completely perplexed by it.

In reference to the actual thread though it does make me a bit nauseous to see artists popping up saying how much the loved some artist or other, and by extension sometimes when an artist puts someone famous that they've clearly learned nothing from in their bio. Probably more detestable when you know the artists has the resources to have outsourced their social media some pleb and they deem this a worthy exposure move. Jesus if Bob Dylan ever dies I hope there's a powercut or something.

Meanwhile - the horrible people over at the advertising world call this 'newsjacking' which might be the worst word I learned in 2017.

I read BHOT once and understood the idea of space being curved when considered from the context of a higher dimension and therefore can be both finite and (sort of) infinite at the same time so that was cool. It pretty much lost me soon after that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back